If They Can’t Say “Merry Christmas”….

….Walk Right Out The Door !

Several retailers over the years stopped using the term Christmas, until publicity and threats of boycotts by the Catholic League, the American Family Association, the Knights of Columbus,and other organizations turned them around. The list includes Lowes, Sears, Kmart, Wal-Mart,Target, Best Buy, Home Depot, Costco, and even Pet Smart.

I urge you to be alert this year for any backsliding on their prior pledges to“Keep Christ In Christmas.”

Say “Merry Christmas”, and be PROUD !

H/T to Rose Ann & vonMesser

~Terry

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to If They Can’t Say “Merry Christmas”….

Yeah, that Happy Holidays stuff doesn’t cut it with me. I don’t even use cards with that on them. Political correctness has no place here.

• Terry says:

Same here, Kathy. I just went through a box of assorted Christmas cards and tossed out any that didn’t say ” MERRY CHRISTMAS ” on them.

2. tiretramp says:

YES! Merry Christmas or out the door/doors we go.

from the Calvert’ s stuck in SW Missouri.

Big TT,Middle TT and Little tt

Merry Christmas!

4. Pingback: Say Merry Christmas-Carrie Rinderer | My Daily Musing

I started a few years ago…

This Happy Holidays shit pisses me off.

6. Blessed B. says:

LOL! We have actually done this! I had a full shopping cart full of Christmas presents that I had spent a couple of hours gathering at a local Wal mart…. got to the till, said Merry Christmas and the cashier said Season’s greetings. I gave her my raised eye brows look and said ” I don’t celebrate Winter by buying all these products…. I celebrate the birth of Jesus and say Merry Christmas. I would expect that employees of a store would also say Merry Christmas.”….She said that store policy was not to say that as it might offend someone. I said “Well, I’m offended that they want my monies at Christmas but refuse to have their employees say the Reason for the Season. They can keep their products! I’ll buy somewhere else from now on!”….

I left her till….. without any of the merchandise…went to Customer Service and asked for the Manager. Chewed him out and walked out of the store. I also wrote a letter to head office to complain about the policy! Did my shopping at a few other stores who weren’t afraid to say “Merry Christmas” to their customers…..

The next year when I went back to Walmart for Christmas shopping….the policy had changed and I was greeted with “Merry Christmas”. I guess quite a few people had just walked out before….. 🙂

7. vonmesser says:

Merry Christmas to all of you (yes, that’s worse than murder – ask a muzzie).
    I get my Christmas Cards from the bookstore at church, so they are all religious cards.

8. captbogus2 says:

Yeah, “Happy Holidays” just kinda crept in, like a party crasher, and, once in, became the obnoxious drunk hogging the punch bowl.