Quote Of The Day — December 14, 2014

Humor is a spontaneous, wonderful bit of an outburst that just comes. It’s unbridled, it’s unplanned, it’s full of surprises.”

Erma Bombeck, February 21, 1927 – April 22, 1996

~ ~ Grouchy ~ ~

Tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Quote Of The Day — December 14, 2014

ROFL, but I don’t know why. It just came out of nowhere. 😀

And humor is the best medicine. 🙂

Erma Bombeck. THERE is a blast from the past. Good find, GF.

4. 219rad says:

I miss that woman. I really liked her book “The Grass is Greener Over The Septic Tank”

5. I love the humor of this quote. Thanks Grouchy.

6. Blessed B. says:

If we could only laugh more, what a difference it would make in our lives.

Last night I did something that I haven’t done in quite sometime…. I laughed so hard that my tummy was hurting and I had tears rolling out of my eyes. What made me? I watched Jeff Dunham’s Christmas Special on the Comedy channel. So glad that I did! I needed it!

Erma’s viewpoint on life used to tickle my funnybone!

• Grouchy says:

Indeed, Blessed B. Erma was in a class by herself, right up there with George Burns and Gracie Allen, Sid Caesar and Imogene Coca, Jack Benny, Jimmy Durante, and Groucho Marx. It will be a long time, before the world sees their likes again~!

• Blessed B. says:

When the kids have been talking and goofing around too long , when they are supposed to be going to sleep….I walk in and tell them “Say goodnight Gracie!”…. Both kids will chime together “Goodnight Gracie”….. They asked once “who’s Gracie?” LOL! I then had to explain!

I loved all those you mentioned! I used to watch old movies and tv shows! Still like them if I ever get to sit down and watch them when they come on. 🙂

7. Pingback: My Article Read (12-14-2014) | My Daily Musing