It’s time to “put the gloves on” as they say. Here are 9 instances of duplicitous hypocrisy from the left that really make my blood boil — and they should for you too.
I’m reflecting on this past week and what is undoubtedly a very disturbing issue in America — the duplicitous hypocrisy of the progressive socialist left.
If we are to restore our Constitutional Republic, it truly becomes a challenge to contest against that which claims no standard of character and regards no rule of law.
And it becomes a seemingly insurmountable task to disseminate the truth when there is a media machine that subjectively decides what is truth — as determined by its preconceived ideological ambitions. It is as if that famous quote is now a living organism: “In a universe of deceit, truth becomes a revolutionary act.”
This list should bother you too.
1. Consider the Chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee who releases a partisan report denouncing interrogation tactics because she felt it was important for our country to bare its soul.
As well, this same Chairwoman speaks of the need to be “transparent.” Yet, the released report including no input from the opposing minority party — nor were any of the individuals from the agency attacked interviewed or allowed to provide an alternate point of view.
2. When it comes to transparency, how come that doesn’t apply to this same group of politicians when it comes to the IRS, Operation Fast and Furious, Benghazi, or any of the countless other issues that have characterized the federal government?
It’s “transparently apparent” to me that transparency only works when it serves the purpose of one group. And that fact goes completely unreported. Just like the Jonathan Gruber episode — which oh by the way, this week, the Senate Democrat report was released on the same day when Mr. Gruber was on Capitol Hill, blubbering before a hearing.
I suppose you can guess which got the most coverage from the liberal progressive media.
3. Why must the incoming GOP Senate Majority be forced to consider undoing the current Senate Democrat Majority leader’s change of the 60-vote threshold rule for presidential judicial appointees?
If that standard needed to change for the Democrats, then it should stand, for all. If you like your 60-vote threshold, you can keep your 60-vote threshold. Period.
But this is just one among many of the duplicitous hypocrisies of the current Senate majority.
4. Why is it that no one reports on the nearly 370 pieces of legislation passed in the House that sit on the Senate Majority leader’s desk? Yet, which party is castigated as “obstructionists” on Capitol Hill?
How can it be that the Senate under Democrat control can go an entire year and not pass one appropriations bill and we’re told it’s because of a “do nothing Congress” — wink, wink, meaning the GOP controlled House?
And oh by the way, when the current Senate Majority leader, who will be the minority leader in January, states that he will be an obstructionist — where are the media reports?
5. What happens when the leader of our nation is rewarded with the infamous title of “Lie of the Year” in 2013? Remember the countless chimes of “Bush lied?” Funny how quite a few Democrats seemed to agree about Saddam Hussein and weapons of mass destruction, but you never hear that anymore (but here it is on video).
6. How about a president who can state nearly 25 times that he doesn’t have the power to do something, then turn around and say he can do it, then he does it, and then says he never said he couldn’t do it — regarding immigration reform. All of a sudden it’s fashionable to claim “prosecutorial discretion” — which down South we call cherry picking — when it comes to the oath of office to “faithfully execute the laws” of the United States. The oath doesn’t anything about executing this one or that one. It’s not about the political ideology, but rather realizing that you lead all Americans — not just the ones you heard who didn’t vote in the midterm elections.
If the U.S. Constitution means so little to the chief executive — and the media — then what is the future of our Republic? I fear a dangerous precedent is being established — or at least a duplicitous standard for one party.
7. All lives matter, but apparently right now only “black lives matter.” But exactly which black lives? Certainly the lives of countless young black men in the inner cities of America don’t seem to matter — Chicago comes to mind. And what of the millions of unborn black lives — who speaks for them, where is their voice? Do they really matter? I guess not because it’s not a part of the progressive socialist agenda. So a butcher like Kermit Gosnell could commit horrendous crimes and barely receive any attention from the liberal progressive media — don’t those lives matter? Then again, we have an Attorney General who injects himself into a case in Virginia involving the kidnapping, car jacking, and murder of a reserve police officer denying the death penalty in the case. The officer was white, the four assailants, black. It seems to the far left, innocent lives are guilty — and guilty lives are innocent, at least when it comes to the issuance of the death penalty. Quite hypocritical.
8. How is it that a Marine with two combat tours suffering from PTSD was abandoned for months while a soldier who deserted is heralded? If we so needed transparency with the Senate Democrat report on enhanced interrogation techniques, where is the transparency on the Bowe Bergdahl investigation? And why isn’t the liberal progressive media asking the same question?
9. How can it be that we reward Lois Lerner with a six-figure taxpayer-funded pension, while we send “pink slips” to our men and women serving in combat? As a matter of fact, how can one president who admittedly associated with domestic terrorists and other subversives, regularly consumed illegal substances, and traveled to a country on the no-travel list for Americans receive a top secret clearance — when no one serving in uniform could do likewise?
I am constantly amused that this website gets so much readership from the left, who go out of their way to target and attack what they fear – particularly when their hypocrisy is brought to light. But those of us who do refuse to surrender will do our best to inspire others to make a stand for the future of our nation.
For the left, it is about power and their playbook is Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals, from which two immediately come to mind:
Rule 4: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules. (This is a serious rule. The besieged entity’s very credibility and reputation is at stake, because if activists catch it lying or not living up to its commitments, they can continue to chip away at the damage.)
Rule 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.).
The left fully embraces those rules, and therefore it’s hard to hold them to any standard of governance of the fundamental principles of our Republic — after all, it was about the “fundamental transformation,” remember?
Consider the meaning of the word “compromise” by the left — in the first two years of the current administration was that word ever used by the media? However, as soon as a majority was lost in one chamber of the U.S. Congress, the cry became “compromise” — which is actually a code word for acquiescence and submission to the left.
The left seeks to advance its agenda via lies, deceit, coercion, deception, intimidation, and if need be, mob violence. They live by one rule: “by any means necessary.” And when the progressive socialist left comes up against anyone willing to take a stance, well, they resort to Alinsky’s Rule 12 — the politics of character assassination – believe me, I know.
However, those who believe fervently in the principles and values of liberty and freedom, will not cower nor relent — just as our Founding Fathers and the Continental Army did not relent against the British, starting with the Declaration of Independence.
So how can those who seek to restore our Republic through effective governing policy succeed against such odds? We must not succumb to their tactics and recognize them at every turn. We cannot cower away in fear of the attacks and reprisals and we cannot allow those who take a stand to be isolated through the Alinsky practice of demonizing, denigrating and dehumanizing.
My friends, this is what we’re up against, but we’ve been brought into existence for a time such as this — a defining moment for America. Join the resistance.
Col. West nailed it on every single item. It is scary to think how far our country has fallen in the past 6 year and, particularly in the past two. The spiraling motion gathered speed after O’s re-election and continues to get faster all the time.
Add to that list #10, the capitulation of the House by an underhanded and traitorous speaker who handed O the silver platter piled high with the all the unconstitutional things he demanded.
It bothers us too, sir – a great many of us.