“Boehner LIED to Me to Get My Vote”

From TPNN:

four pinocchios

Hands down, the award goes to John Boehner this time.

Speaker of the House John Boehner may soon find himself short on friends after he betrayed each and every American with his crusade to pass the Cromnibus resolution that funds both Obamacare and the unconstitutional amnesty program created via executive fiat.

However, while each and every American ought to feel betrayed, one Republican congressman says he feels particularly betrayed and asserts that Speaker Boehner lied to him to get his vote on bringing the Cromnibus to the House floor.

Representative Marlin Stutzman (R., Ind.) says that Boehner made a deal with him to secure his last-minute vote on an important procedural vote to bring the resolution to the floor for a vote. On Thursday, the procedural vote passed with a razor-thin margin of 214-212 and Stutzman says that he was originally in favor of blocking the resolution from coming to the floor, but that Boehner assured him that once brought to the floor, the Cromnibus would be replaced by a short-term continuing resolution that would be backed by conservatives as it fell dramatically short of the $1.1 trillion pricetag of the Cromnibus.

“I was very surprised and even more disappointed to see the cromnibus back on the floor,” Stutzman said in a statement. “The American people deserve better.”

“I supported the rule because I was informed by leadership that the cromnibus was dead and a short term CR would take its place,” Stutzman said.

“The cromnibus bill, over 1,600 pages long, does many things but what is most important is what it does not do,” he said. “It fails to directly address President Obama’s dangerous executive action on immigration and fails to include many of the solutions that could have been passed in January with a Republican House and Senate in an open process.”

With maneuvers like this, it is not hard to see why the GOP is engaged in a civil war. The Tea Party and various other conservative factions represent the true heart of the Republican Party – limited government and sound fiscal principles. Moderates, however, only appear interested in centrist politics and continually bend to the will of the Democrats.

In this manner, it is evident that regardless of supposed ideological bent, moderate leaders produce the exact same results as the radicalized Democrat Party.

~~~~~~~~~

Boehner has repeatedly shown himself to be a weak leader bent toward pleasing O instead of his party or his voters. Now he’s lied to his fellow representatives and it will be difficult for anyone to believe him from this point on. I’ve said before that Boehner was a plant from the other side and this betrayal proves it.

He needs booting out of his job as Speaker and replaced with someone who has genuine conservative values, and Stutzman should have gone with his first instinct.

In the coming days it will be interesting to see reactions from the other Congressmen – will they feel as betrayed as Stutzman or is this just business as usual?

~Kathy

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to “Boehner LIED to Me to Get My Vote”

In a normal world Boehner just committed political suicide, Come january he would have been bounced as Speaker. I doubt that will happen. Miracles do occur sometimes but I’m not holding my breath. The best we can do now is blast our Congress critters and give them a piece of our mind.

• Kathy says:

It wouldn’t surprise me to see anything other than business as usual. There aren’t enough true conservatives to turn this around.

I don’t call him Balless for nothing. My fondest wish, but NOT holding my breath for, is in January, all these reps that were lied to have a GOOD memory, and bounce this shitsack all the way back to Man’s Country. Kathy, I’m glad you did this. I looked at it, and goddamn near broke my computer in an absolute rage. I HAD to step away from it. Thanks.

• Kathy says:

I’d love to see him out of the speaker seat too, but I doubt the newbies and the few real conservatives in the House are planning to make that happen.

I had to calm down some too, Clyde, before I commented. These people are making us all nuts.

3. Garnet92 says:

If there was ever any doubt, it’s gone now. We, the people, are tightly in the grasp of liars, cheats, and frauds, and they’re all in positions of leadership in DC. Forget the “party,” Boehner, McConnell, and Obama are all traitors and don’t care a whit for the best interest of the country. They ALL have to go. Boehner may still have enough sycophants to retain the speakership THIS TIME, but he’s just about used up all the loyalty he ever had – I think he’ll be gone after the 2016 elections in January 2017.

• Kathy says:

True that, Garnet, there’s no doubt now. I would agree that they all have to go, except they’d just be replaced with a newer version of the same old thing. Once they hit DC, everything changes. Then it becomes about staying in office instead of doing the stuff they promised to do.

• captbogus2 says:

Curious thing, Garnet, is that a country, state, district, county or precinct may project conservatism but self interests always interfere with true conservative intent.
      Boehner’s district will continue to send Boehner to Congress because Boehner brings home the bacon as well as the bragging rights for their district having the SoH for Rep. So while each and every congressional district in the USA will consist of self proclaimed conservatives, any such particular district will vote self interest while finger pointing at the rest of the country for doing the same thing…..

Boehner is a maggot and Stutzman is a fool.

5. Mike S. says:

Although Boehner is an ASS, who are these fools that believed him on this promise? Why the hell don’t they use their brains? 214 to 212 votes, thats a lot of DUMB ASSES.

• Kathy says:

Excellent point Mike. You’d think that by now, they’d be able to see through him and be wise to his tricks and his lean (near prone) to the left. What does it tell us when only 67 stood on principal and voted no?