Quote Of The Day — December 11, 2014

Some of the biggest cases of mistaken identity are among intellectuals who have trouble remembering that they are not God.”

Thomas Sowell

~ ~ Grouchy ~ ~

Tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Quote Of The Day — December 11, 2014

1. captbogus2 says:

I read Sowell every column.

• Grouchy says:

A brilliant man, Capt. He, Cap Black and Mychal Massie are three that would be well worth the time for reading. THEY are fighting the good fight for the black populace. Those that have a chance of decency, that is.
      Good to see you, Capt.

2. upaces88 says:

Ooooh, that quote is so profound.
    I went back to school in my early 50’s. I have never been so shocked in my life! I thought I would be learning from the brightest!
    Needless-to-say….I was highly hurt and disappointed to find that the majority of them haven’t learned anything new — the changes in our country and our society. Most of them had the Mind Set of things as they were when they were in college which on the average — 20-30 yrs ago.

They teach from text books that are out-dated teaching from them as tough it is all true. IF the text books state the opposite of what they believe….they don’t research it to confirm or deny…they simply follow the wrong information and teach it as CORRECT.

• Grouchy says:

Good Morning, Upaces,,,
      Reminds me of when I took a college course in computer programming in the mid-70’s. The instructor was younger than I was,,, and could not determine why my program didn’t work~! At that time, programming was done on punch-cards, and run on the college main-frame. NO ONE knew what my problems were, but I passed the class. But never took another course in computers~!
      What a different world today.

Funny how the left think they own the franchise on knowledge and wisdom when in fact everything they have touched has turned into crap.

• Grouchy says:

G’Morning, Hardnox,,,
      L O L ~! That pretty well sums it up, Hardnox. But then again, we have to look at the premise of the perspectives. From THEIR perspective, they’re achieving what they are working toward. And the sheeple are too damn apathetic to give a damn.
      I think it’s going to be a case of the frog in the boiling water. They’ll awaken when it’s too late to do ANYTHING about it.

One sentence from a wise and honest man like Thomas Sowell is worth more than all of the writings and speeches issued upon by the intellectuals.

• Grouchy says:

G’Morning, CW
      He sure leaves O, Holder, Sharpton and Jackson in the dust, doesn’t he~! Sowell is in a whole ‘nother Universe, compared to them~!

5. clyde says:

85 years old, the good Doctor is now, and STILL sharp as a tack. Good one, GF.

• Grouchy says:

Isn’t it amazing, Clyde, that he’s ten years older than Hairy Reed, and an eternity wiser???
      AND more cognitive than Hairy ever was, or will be~!
      Good observation, Clyde. I never thought of that comparison, until you brought it up.

6. Pingback: My Article Read (12-10-2014) (12-11-2014) | My Daily Musing