A Great Idea for January – No SOTU Speech?

From Investors.com:

sotu

What if Congress Didn’t Invite Obama to Make His State of the Union Speech?

Remember what Barack Obama said in his State of the Union message earlier this year? Of course you don’t. No one does.

State of the Union reports may be required by the Constitution: The president “shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union.”

But that doesn’t mean they have to be good, useful, relevant or can’t degenerate into pathetic political polemics as Obama has transformed them in recent years. The Great Uniter even turned one into a direct attack on Supreme Court justices sitting just feet in front of him.

The words “Obama” and “class” both have five letters. But that’s as close as they get.

So, here’s an idea for this January when Republicans will control both chambers on Capitol Hill:

Don’t invite Obama to come and use a nationwide TV podium to attack them and posit a zillion proposals that will never happen anyway. Nothing requires Congress to invite him. Nothing requires a State of the Union be delivered in person. On TV. In prime-time.

It’s totally up to Congress’ discretion. So, let’s have members spare us another somnolent 6,778-word compendium of expensive Obama pipe dreams. They’re always forgettable. Ego - king size

The only thing anyone remembers from all of Obama’s State of the Unions are two words, and they were uttered by someone else: “You lie!” shouted one representative. Turns out, he was correct. But guess what? That wasn’t even a State of the Union; that was the beginning of Obama’s serial healthcare untruths.

John Boehner, speaker of “the people’s house,” says: “The president had said before that he’s not king and he’s not an emperor. But he’s sure acting like one.”

Indeed, Obama’s exercised a good deal of his own discretion recently. He’s unilaterally changed immigration laws, among many things, denying the need for congressional passage of laws. Why shouldn’t the same discretion apply to the equal branch of government? Deny Obama the big stage to tout his illegal acts and attack any opponents.

It’s not like the Democrat is hurting for venues to blab on and on about what everyone else has done wrong from Republicans to local police departments and prosecutors.

In fact, the day after their addresses to a joint session of Congress, presidents usually fly off somewhere to repeat the themes for local TV.

Predictably, Obama supporters would claim the absence of a congressional invite was racist, which is wrong. In fact, it’s very Jeffersonian. George Washington gave his state message in 1790 — all 1,089 words of it. But Thomas Jefferson halted personal deliveries as undemocratic, too closely resembling the British monarch’s Speech from the Throne.

~~~~~~~~~

It wasn’t until Woodrow Wilson, a former college lecturer who had himself invited to address the nation, that the SOTU speeches returned to the public format. Leave it to a democrat to return to the throne to address the people.

What a great suggestion this is, since O’s speeches are nothing but blatant lies and full of the never-ending references to himself. But. With Boehner and McConnell in charge of Congress, the odds of them not issuing an invitation to O are slim to none. Their bend-over-backwards mindset to appease O would never think of such a thing, so brace yourselves. There is another babbling speech in our future.

~Kathy

Tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to A Great Idea for January – No SOTU Speech?

What does he mean, NO ONE remembers ? It’s so simple, even an Obama voter can recite it word for lying word. Here goes : me me me me I I I I me I me me IIIII me me me . See how easy that was ? And, of course, the gutless bastard Boehner would NEVER think to “uninvited” his Man’s Country golfing buddy.

• Kathy says:

So..you were paying attention – it seems you caught every word. No doubt Boehner has already sent the invitation and probably without consulting anyone else in Congress.

2. captbogus2 says:

Only thing that bothers me about SOTU speech is it is capable of disrupting my nightly TV schedule.
    Hey! I have an idea! They should have the SOTU at the same time as the Superbowl half time show. That would be two miserable events out of the way at the same time.

• Garnet92 says:

Kudos capt! I also view both of those activities as more distasteful than a root canal. I did actually Laugh Out Loud when I read your last sentence!

• Kathy says:

That halftime show drives me crazy just like his speeches that I refuse to watch.

I say that’s a super idea! Get it?

3. vonMesser says:

How about taking something from the Brits? The PM comes before Parliament and ANSWERS QUESTIONS.

• Kathy says:

You hit your head on something this morning? 🙂 Answer questions? That would be a no and to answer them honestly would be a double no. Not with this orator who couldn’t put together a cohesive sentence without the TOTUS.

4. Garnet92 says:

Good suggestion Kathy, but it’ll never happen. Obumbles HAS to get his royal decree time before a national audience – he’d issue an EO if that’s what it took to get his primetime lie fest on TV so he can congratulate himself for all of his “accomplishments.”

Why ANYONE would watch that lying, racist, un-American traitor in all of his self-aggrandizing pompous grandeur issue lie upon lie upon lie for an hour or so is beyond me.

That’s why I said brace yourself. He loves that fawning audience too much to miss an opportunity to speak. Not to mention this mealy-mouthed Congress has been playing his game since day one.

6. upaces88 says:

The man is falling apart at the seams….mentioned in an article yesterday that he is drinking far too much and has the appearance of BEING DRUNK.

7. I.R. Wayright says:

Here’s another idea for January: Four bills were introduced in congress that will die at the end of this year. They need to be reintroduced and pushed by us in 2015 to get them all passed. They can be found here:http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd630.htm
    HR156, Get the US out of NAFTA
    HR75, Get us out of the UN
    HR129, Reinstate the Glass Stegal act.
    HR3894, Remove income tax on social security benefits.

I think this would be a wonderful development but it won’t happen. All the peacocks need to strut their stuff to remind the peasants how important they all are.

The resident has reduced the SOTU speech to nothingness just like everything else he has touched.