The Nevada Stand Off is Over – BLM Pulling Out

From 8NewsNow:

bundy

The Bureau of Land Management has announced it will stop the roundup of cattle owned by rancher Cliven Bundy. The BLM says the animals have been illegally grazing on public lands for 20 years.

The BLM made the announcement Saturday morning, a week after rangers started gathering the animals from land near Gold Butte.

The agency says it is concerned about the safety of its employees and the public. Earlier this week, BLM officers and supporters of the Bundy family were involved in a scuffle. Cliven Bundy’s son, Ammon Bundy, was tased twice by federal agents. Another woman said she was thrown to the ground by an officer.

With more Bundy supporters pouring in from around the country, safety concerns began to grow.

The I-Team has learned the deal to end the gather was brokered by Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie.

According to sources, the BLM wants to proceed with the sale of the cattle already gathered during the roundup but is reportedly willing to share the revenue from the sale with Bundy.

Sheriff Gillespie has been negotiating with Bundy behind the scenes for months and reached a tentative agreement Friday night, though Bundy insisted the sheriff come to his ranch to finalize the arrangement face-to-face.

The two men met Saturday to discuss the agreement prior to a public announcement.

In its statement, the BLM said its actions this past week were progress in enforcing two court orders to remove the trespassing cattle from public land.

The agency director also asked that everyone involved in the dispute remain peaceful and law-abiding.

~~~~~~~~~

According to other sources Cliven Bundy DEMANDs that all park ranger DISARM within 1 Hour.  Mounted local ranchers are waiting out that hour.

The question is what did we win? They’re keeping the cattle they stole and are going to split the money with the owner from which they were stolen. How is that a victory?

Sheriff Gillespie made a deal with Bundy instead of standing at his side and demanding the BLM leave. I’d guess he’s in his last term of office.

~Kathy

About Kathy

I'm a loudmouth conservative who liberals love to hate.
Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to The Nevada Stand Off is Over – BLM Pulling Out

1. tannngl says:

I just logged on and saw this, Kathy. Thanks so very much for posting this.
    I’ve got to say that Bundy gave in on some hard issues. He didn’t win the biggest batte.

That said, I don’t think the govt can produce the cattle they took.They refuse to say whether they euthanized them. Paying partially for the cattle was a step in the right direction.
    I also think Clive Bundy was not feeling well. He seemed real tired and so hoard. He isn’t young.

One more thing. I think the govt blinked.
    I don’t think they expected all the media. FOX was out there with it big time and talk radio was too. Hannity was going out there this week.

It’s not as good a win as it should have been.
    But I think they blinked.

My 2 cents.

2. tannngl says:

OH! Also, Harry Reid probably didn’t want people to know about his part in this. He and a Chinese firm were prob in cahoots to buy that particular land for a solar farm…

This is good news sort of…

1) it took the local sheriff a hell of a long time to do his job. he could have nipped this in the bud long ago.

2) this was not about tortoises as we all know. Reid wants this to go away as tannngl pointed out.

3) removing the cows actually kill the desert tortoise: http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/62380

4) Kudos to all the public and media support. Without that My. Bundy would be a statistic.

5) Where are those hypocrites from PETA? The BLM killed the cows.

Great comments, all. I’m watching several sources on FB as well as InfoWars, who are taking credit for breaking the Harry Reid story. They’re saying that hours after they broke the story, the BLM backed down. (Funny how we’ve seen it all over the place, eh?)

There is still some confusion about the status of the cattle. Some sources say the protestors are going to retrieve them and one guy was live streaming some folks walking down a dirt road.

There’s another guy streaming from the freeway which was shut down a while for some unknown reason, but cars are back moving.

This isn’t over yet.

5. Janyk says:

I smell lots n lots of lawsuits comin’. I hope they took down the names of each BLM officer there and file against each and as a whole.

6. I.R. Wayright says:

If this is “public land” why not ask the people if they object to letting cattle keep the weeds down and walk around fertilizing the land, in exchange for beef. Sounds like a good deal to me. Let’s vote on it.

7. doug simanton says:

i’d like to know how many baby calves were bummed in this whole gov’t gather and if the cost of those calves will come out of the gov’t pocket

• Kathy says:

Doug, first they’d lie about the number and the truth is it’s likely to be higher than we can stomach.

Thanks for the visit – it’s always nice to hear from a new voice.

8. Buck says:

I don’t know if Sheriff is in his last term or not but looks like he’s definitely in Reid’s pocket.

I’m watching the InfoWars live stream as they’re waiting for the cattle to be released back onto the land. In the meantime there is a near endless line of BLM vehicles exiting the area. One of the nearby protestors said he’s counted 80 of them so far.

The reports are that the all-important tortoises were being euthanized by the BLM because they couldn’t afford to feed them. Perhaps if they didn’t need so many vehicles, they could afford turtle food.

Considering that you don’t see the gov’t back down very often I would consider this a victory for Bundy and for the right of the American people to have a say in how public lands are used. Definitely it was a P.R. loser for the BLM, and that’s also a victory of sorts. My question is, what happens now?

• Kathy says:

Wondering the same thing, CW. Do the people stay mad and continue the fight against the bully government, or do they go back to sleep and move on to the next story?

Scuttlebutt is that this was a test from the feds to see how the patriots would react. Hmm..

As for Mr. Bundy, he still has legal issues to deal with because the BLM is going back to ‘administrative pursuits’.

11. Roger says:

Willing to share the proceeds of the sale with Mr. Bundy? Thats no different than me stealing your pickup then selling it and splitting the proceeds with you. What a joke our government is!!

12. Janyk says:

IMHO, “They” pushed and the American People, not only stood their ground, they also called in the “cavalry” and they were en-route. Some bearing arms and ready to use them.
    I dare say this should be a “learning event” for everyone involved that, in the future, the fed will “swarm” whenever another, similar, situation arises.

Let’s face it, Bundy losses were only cut, not negated. They stole his cattle and promised to “share” in the proceeds? How do you “share” a victim’s proceeds when YOU are the thief? To me, that’s either extortion, blackmail or insurance fraud (they generally are insured and they were STOLEN) – or all the above.

As for that side-winding sheriff, he should be suspended, without pay, pending charges for perjury (failure to uphold his sworn Constitutional Responsibilities – as per oath). Since his oath was to the US Constitution FIRST, the laws of the State SECOND, this is a serious matter and should NOT be taken lightly.

IMO, this was a “draw”. The lines have been drawn. We know where each stands and to what extent each will go.

13. bullright says:

I think I heard the BLM is now going to return the cattle. But from this and that map, It’s time for someone to ask if there really is a state of Nevada? Or is it a small village within the borders? The map makes the case.