Those EVIL Koch Brothers !

From the Washington Examiner

It turns out the ‘Evil’ Koch Bros are only the 59th biggest donors in American politics. Can you guess who is number one?

By Mark Tapscott | FEBRUARY 14, 2014 AT 9:41 AM

Charles and David Koch are the two most evil people in American politics, right? We know that because Jane Mayer proved it with her landmark “Covert Operations” tour de liberal force in 2010.

Well, it turns out that Mayer’s aim was off just a little, by like 58 slots on the all-time biggest donors in American politics list, as compiled by OpenSecrets.org.

OpenSecrets.org tallied the top donors in federal elections between 1989 and 2014. Koch Industries — privately owned by the Evil Koch Bros — is on the list, to be sure, but doesn’t appear until the 59th slot, with $18 million in donations, 90 percent of which went to Republicans.

Unions, unions, unions

So who occupies the 58 spots ahead of the Evil Koch Bros? Six of the top 10 are … wait for it … unions. They gave

These are familiar names: AFSCME ($60.6 million), NEA ($53.5 million), IBEW ($44.4 million), UAW ($41.6 million), Carpenters & Joiners ($39.2 million) and SEIU ($38.3 million).

In other words, the six biggest union donors in American politics gave 15 times more to mostly Democrats than the Evil Koch Bros.

Wall Street and Act Blue, too

Three of the remaining four slots in the top 10 were taken by AT&T ($56.4 million), National Association of Realtors ($51.2 million) and Goldman Sachs ($44.8 million).

So, if money is the measure of evil in American politics and the Evil Koch Bros only come in 59th, who is really the most evil donor ever?

Turns out it’s Act Blue, with just short of $100 million in contributions during its lifetime, which only started in 2004, 15 years after the Evil Koch Bros in the OpenSecrets.org compilation.

Any bets on when Mayer’s “Covert Operations II: Act Blue” will appear in the New Yorker?

~~~~~~~~~~~

The next time a friend or loved one starts griping about those ‘evil Republican’ PACs or the Koch Brothers specifically, give them a dose of reality!

Mrs AL

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Those EVIL Koch Brothers !

1. I.R. Wayright says:

The few libs that I know have built up quite an immunity to any doses of reality administered to them. I concluded some time ago that it was fruitless to even bother with them. To be fair though, I have little interest in their points of view either.

• Mrs AL says:

We have only one more shot in our lifetimes to start getting this country back on track. I very much appreciate your comment and POV. That said, maybe you might try one more time with this topic 🙂

Good post and great ammo!

Interesting information – thanks for sharing, Mrs. AL. That’s a lot of money extracted from union employees, mostly involuntarily. Think what those employees could have done with that money, instead of buying evil politicians who turn on them once they’ve got the money in hand.

The Koch Brothers’ not-so-evil money isn’t a drop in the bucket compared to the unions.

• Mrs AL says:

Isn’t the word “union” an interesting one, Kathy? On the one hand, a union in many cases relative to humanoids is positive. But unions as a business (which they are) is such a negative for humanoids today.

Great post, Mrs. AL. It won’t stop the Left from lying because that’s what they do best, but I love it.

• Mrs AL says:

Of course it won’t stop the left from lying, but it could cause a friend or loved one to start to question the lies, don’t ya’ think?

Amazing. A CRIMINAL such as Soros who gives BILLIONS to LEFTIST causes is NEVER mentioned, but if one DARES to donate to those who (ostensibly) oppose these leftist scum, is branded as EVIL. roof positive liberals have ZERO sense about ANYTHING. F. T. A.

6. white531 says:

It isn’t what you post here, that will change the direction of this country. This is friendly territory. I know what you think already. By my comments, you know me.
    Then, for what reason, do we do this?
    I guess its frustration, mostly. Perhaps a wandering soul will find his way here to this site and read something that inspires him.

That aside, this country is worth saving. If the words we put up on the board here each evening, make a difference, then I guess we just have to keep doing it.

• Mrs AL says:

I do it for that person that may wander by and be influenced. I also do it to let of a little steam now and then. I don’t speak for ANYONE else at the site but myself.

Thanx for your observation, W531.

7. tannngl says:

Important information! Thanks Mrs. AL!

8. Pingback: If You Believe Harry Reid, I Have a Bridge … - 'Nox & Friends