2014 and 2016 Election Hook

I like simple.  Not simplistic, but simple.  Most issues can be culled down to a sentence or two.  And sometimes down to a phrase.

For me, everything must hang on a single hook.  So what should that hook be during the 2014 and 2016 election cycles?  What is the central idea that would help elect those who are committed to:

A. restoring a balance between the branches of government and

B. simultaneously reducing the size of the national government

What I do know is that the citizens of this country are:

The personal price (and not just in dollars) my fellow citizens pay because of this bloated, over-reaching and, divisive national government leads me to conclude that the hook upon which candidates above ought to hang their messages is:

What will your vote cost you after the election?

~~~~~

micropone

Think of this as “open mike night.”

I’ve had my turn.  Now it’s your turn.

Mrs AL

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to 2014 and 2016 Election Hook

That’s a great hook, Mrs. AL. It’s really hard to narrow it down but the first that comes to mind for me is this:

Dear Frogs: Can you feel the boiling water yet?

A hook, eh? Not sure I could come up with a hook line, but I like yours. As you say, I’ll munge on that a bit.

Good piece, Mrs. Al. Take a bow. That final sentence is absolutely spot-on.

4. white531 says:

With all due respect Mrs. Al, the things you list are only a beginning. While I appreciate the simple approach as much as you, it will no longer work in this rather complicated environment the Progressive/Communists have created.

You are familiar with the Cloward/Piven concept. Overload the system. Confuse them. Give them so many problems they can’t deal with it all. Thats what they’re doing, and they’re doing it well.

They are also using some of the principles that were discussed in Glenn Beck’s book, The Overton Window. If you are not familiar with the book, here is the basic concept.

The Overton window is a political theory that describes as a narrow “window” the range of ideas the public will accept. On this theory, an idea’s political viability depends mainly on whether it falls within that window rather than on politicians’ individual preferences.[1] It is named for its originator, Joseph P. Overton (1960-2003),[2] a former vice president of the Mackinac Center for Public Policy.[3] At any given moment, the “window” includes a range of policies considered politically acceptable in the current climate of public opinion, which a politician can recommend without being considered too extreme to gain or keep public office.

While that is a basic definition from Wikipedia, the real idea of the Overton Window is herding people. No joke. Thats really what the whole thing is about. It is a way of presenting something to the populace that they reject out of hand, and then when you have their attention, you present something else, that is not so bad, which is what you wanted them to do in the first place.

It is the science of, “social engineering,” and it is right at the forefront of what the Progressives are currently involved in.

• Mrs AL says:

I appreciate your comment, W531. However comma this is geared toward the general voting public in an election situation. I don’t discount anything you wrote, but I needed to research polls, etc to cull things down to their essence in the election situation.

5. vonmesser says:

Here’s my simple:
    1. No law may be more than 20 pages long, double-spaced, 10-pitch type.
    2. No law may have a rider attached not directly related to the subject of the law.
    3. No rider may be more than 2 pages long, double-spaced, 10-pitch type.
    4. All votes will be recorded, voice votes.
    5. No vote may be changed in the record (now allowed in the Senate) later.

• Mrs AL says:

And I am going to consider passing this along to my Rep (maybe my Senators but the pine cones are leftist/progressives – ugh. (With you permission, of course.) I would really get a kick out of the response.

Great subject and great comments.

My hook for any candidate: “I believe in restoring the constitution and the rule of law”