Darrell Issa Renounces Hillary Praise

From Breitbart:

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa offered a surprisingly rosy assessment of former-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in a new book about Clinton, saying the Benghazi scandal left her basically unscathed as she reportedly prepares to run for president in 2016.

But the California Republican struck a different tune in a brief interview with Breitbart News, slamming the State Department she helmed for a “systematic” “cover-up” and darrell issasuggesting he may “depose” her to get answers about her conduct.

In the book, Issa told authors Jonathan Allen and Amie Parnes, reporters for Bloomberg News and The Hill, respectively, that Clinton’s “legacy is mostly intact for 2016, if she chooses.”

“When the call came at three o’clock in the morning, the failure wasn’t viewed, at least as of today, as Secretary Clinton’s,” Issa is quoted as saying, according to The Hill.

But Issa now says that was only a “snapshot in time.”

“That’s a wonderful snapshot in time in which the Secretary promised cooperation that has not occurred. That was prior to the cover up that I believe was systematic in the Accountability Review Board, in which two senior individuals blamed only junior people, in which Hillary Clinton was not interviewed, in which Leon Panetta was not interviewed and in which Patrick Kennedy, a senior individual responsible bore no responsibility for his failures.

“So the snapshot in time was an accurate snapshot. At that time I had a pledge from the secretary to cooperate,” Issa said.

Asked whether his investigation had found any wrongdoing by Clinton herself, Issa said “we have an ongoing investigation and we have unanswered questions. I’ve never deposed the Secretary and we still have additional witnesses that we’re trying to get to.”

~~~~~~~~~

I beg to differ with you Mr. Issa – the failure to respond to the 3 AM call is most certainly viewed as her fault. It was her responsibility to take care of those guys, as it was for all personnel under the State Department. Some you in the government may let her slide, but the American people, especially the families of those 4 men, are not.

Having a pledge from Hillary to cooperate is meaningless. She only cooperates to the extent she deems acceptable.

No one has been held accountable, nor are they likely to be, but the most disgusting part is that you “still have additional witnesses that we’re trying to get to.” Seventeen months after the incident and you still haven’t interviewed all those involved – that is deplorable.

~Kathy

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Darrell Issa Renounces Hillary Praise

1. Mrs AL says:

And, Mr. Issa, I have a bridge over troubled waters for sale. Your ‘snapshot in time’ rings hollow for yours truly.

Thanx for posting, Kathy. We need to know what the heck is going on and this helps.

2. I.R. Wayright says:

I would like to see a bill introduced that states if you were the spouse of the POTUS, you don’t get to run for that office. You were already in the White House and probably influenced decision making so you are no longer eligible to occupy that space again. After all, Hillary called it “our presidency” did she not? She was chastising Bill for the Lewinski scandal when she screamed, “Look what you’ve done to our presidency.” Go away, bitch. Take our money and run.

Looks as if Issa was trying to get libtards to buy his frigging book. And this WAS a guy I thought held some promise. Hitlary needs to be behind bars.

What ever happened to saying, “I can’t/won’t comment on an ongoing investigation?”

Can’t republicans learn to shut up when they need to?

Sheesh.

• Kathy says:

The answer to your question is no. They talk when they shouldn’t, and they don’t talk when they should. That’s one of the reasons they’ll forever be the Dems’ whipping post.

5. Buck says:

Once I thought calling the GOP the ‘PSP’ was more humor than reality.
    No longer.

• For damn sure, Buck, it is not the GOP of Eisenhower or Reagan~! Now, it appears to be nothing but the party of WIMPS. And I say that, with apologies to Bachmann and Palin, and a damn select few others.

6. Buck says:

What I can’t understand is how folks as dumb as these morons are can get enough people to vote for them to send them to high office.

What a disappointment. I thought Issa had some cojones. He must have gone to the Boehner Neutering Clinic since we last heard of him.

8. Buck says:

Speaking of Boehner, I just fired off an email to my congressman, Frank Lucas, suggesting Boehner was too incompetent to lead and should be given a vote of no confidence.
    Waiting for a reply.
    So far…
    crickets.

9. garnet92 says:

Like Nox, there was a time when I thought Issa was someone who would bring justice to some of our criminals in government. But too much time has gone by with little or no resolution – he seems to view hearings like most of congress view their seats – a permanent job. He’s accomplished nothing. He talks about subpoena like it’s a weapon, but it doesn’t seem to be feared by anyone and he is afraid to use it.