Eric Holder to Step Down This Year

From The Washington Times:

bye eric

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder will step down this year, he said in an interview with the New Yorker’s Jeffrey Toobin in the magazine’s Feb. 17 edition.

In a feature article, Holder said he plans on staying in his position “well into” the year.

Last November, Holder, the first black attorney general, told CBS News he didn’t have “any plans” to step down.

Mr. Holder has made voting rights the test case of his tenure, the New Yorker reported. He has been a vocal critic of the Supreme Court case that invalidated key parts of the Voting Rights Act and has supported Congressional action to renew and revise the law.

During his five years as the nation’s top law enforcement officer, Mr. Holder has also weighed in on other controversial Supreme Court decisions. Mr. Holder said he wouldn’t defend the Defense of Marriage Act in court and over the weekend announced the Department of Justice’s plans to give same-sex couples the same rights in the federal legal system as married heterosexual couples, regardless of whether a state recognizes same sex marriage.

~~~~~~~~~

While this might be a good thing, his replacement could be even worse. It’s a sure thing that whoever O nominates to fill his shoes will be just as slimy, if not worse.

Is he getting out of the game with his winnings or is he getting out before the hammer comes down?

Does anyone else have a problem with that last sentence, or is it just me? I didn’t think he was in a position to ‘give..same rights..’ to anyone.

~Kathy

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Eric Holder to Step Down This Year

1. Mrs AL says:

Re: your last sentence – Oh you silly person, Kathy. Law means diddly squat to the entire administration. State sovereignty is a long forgotten concept. Individual sovereignty was never a consideration.

That said, thanx for posting and like you, I truly believe the replacement will be much worse.

2. I.R. Wayright says:

I figure he has until oh, let’s say …uh…..May 16th? After that, all bets are off.

Sonofabitch OUGHT to be dragged out by a horse, over cactus. No question the BECS will pick some asshole as bad or worse.

4. white531 says:

I think my memory of Eric Holder would be that he was the biggest mistake in appointments Obama ever made. He was not only incompetent himself, but he made Obama look incompetent in trying to support his incompetence.

I know I used the word, “incompetent,” three times in one sentence. I’m not incompetent, in the English language, okay? It’s just that Erica Holder was incompetent, as the Attorney General, of these United States.

Everything this idiot put in place, to take away the Freedoms of ordinary Americans, should be reversed. How he even got a law degree in the first place, is what I call, “a wonderment.” Just so you know, a “wonderment,” is something that happens, but can’t be easily explained. Something like Obama being elected President. A wonderment.

5. tannngl says:

It will be good to not see his godless, criminal self on the news anymore. However, we will see Soros’ next pick and I don’t think he/she will be any better. Probably worse.

Right now I don’t see how it could get any worse, but I have no doubt it will. With these heathens, it always does.

7. white531 says:

In your relief that he is no longer important on the world stage, I think you are missing the real import of his retirement. He should be in prison. I believe his voluntary retirement is an attempt by him to avoid that outcome. Because he is in fact, a criminal against this country. Fast and Furious alone, should be enough to put him away for at least twenty years.

• Kathy says:

I kept my comments brief in hopes someone would point that out. What a disgrace that our head of the Justice Dept. was only held in contempt and should be in prison, rather than being a steward of our laws. Of special concern is the entire issue of voter ID which seems to be high on the priority list of the Dems these days.

• white531 says:

Kathy, the corruption that exists in our national government exceeds believable proportions. Eric Holder is only one small indicator of the larger problem. He does however, hold one of the highest offices in our land, and as such, he should be held to a higher measure. I don’t know about you, but I’m not holding my breath.

He will escape prosecution, and enjoy a comfortable retirement. In fact, every criminal that was a part of the Obama administration will escape punishment for what they helped Obama do to this country.

There should be a way to bring all these criminals to trial. To make them pay for what they have done. But it’s like having ten lawyers in a room, one of them accused of perjury. The other nine are going to acquit him. Every single time. What I just described to you, is our government.

I for one will be happy to see the sob go. Unfortunately, as others pointed, out he will skate on all his illegal actions. IF the R’s secure the Senate and keep the House later this year then maybe Witholder can be prosecuted. It’s a long list. I’m not holding my breath.

I agree with those here who say Eric Holder should be prosecuted. He was an outlaw attorney general. It’s not enough to say “good riddance.” He needs to be handed an orange jumpsuit.

10. Buck says:

One positive Holder’s nomination to top law dog: It showed beyond any possible doubt that McCain is a closet Democrat.

11. Buck says:

McCain voted for confirmation.
    Maybe Holder’s ‘step down’ will be from the 16th floor in an open elevator shaft.

I agree with white531. For whatever the reason may be that he’s stepping down, you can be sure it’s for his and the regime’s best interest, and not ours.