It’s Game Day !

HOT DAMN !

It’s SuperBowl Sunday ! I know many of you couldn’t care less, but for the gridiron freaks, it is a Special Day ! Even though many outstanding teams didn’t make it to the Big One this year (i.e. mine), it promises to be an outstanding game between 2 excellent teams.

superbowl

Maybe some of you have wondered what is really said on the field between players, coaches and refs. It’s not ALWAYS about the game, as this video will show you :

A little SB humor :

~The forecast for Sunday’s Super Bowl has improved in the last week. It’s expected to be in the mid-30s with winds of only 6 miles an hour. That’s a good temperature for New Jersey. It’s above freezing but not so warm that you can smell the bodies in the swamp.

~The Super Bowl this year will be played in Governor Chris Christie’s home state of New Jersey. It’s a state that lately has gotten used to 300-pound guys blocking things

~Once again, President Obama will grant an interview to a journalist from the network broadcasting the Super Bowl. The game is on Fox this year, so Bill O’Reilly will do the interview. I’m taking O’Reilly with the points.

~There are still more than 11,000 Super Bowl tickets unsold. Why they would have trouble selling $1,500 tickets to an outdoor event being held in a blizzard that you can watch on TV for free, I don’t know, but they are.

And lastly, this ad is supposed to run during the game. But I’ll be amazed if it makes it past the libtard censors :

But then again, it IS MetLife Stadium, so maybe it will air. If it doesn’t, then “Thank You, MetLife, for trying !”

Gooooo Teams !!

~Terry

14 Responses to It’s Game Day !

Funny stuff. I’ll tune in at the last quarter.

2. vonmesser says:

I live in Washington State, so am supposed to be rooting for the Seahawks. However, since I don’t follow basketball I really don’t care which team wins the world series today.

” 300-pound guys blocking things” Lol, ain’t it the truth!!

I’ll be rooting for Peyton (Omaha) Manning and the Denver 300-pounders and watching those commercials that cost $4 million per 30-second spot.

Hope the Peanuts commercial makes it to the air – that’s way cool. Good stuff, Terry.

• Terry says:

I like both teams. Denver is awesome, but so are the ‘Hawks. And we have a local playing for Seattle…Doug Baldwin (WR #89) played HS ball here in my little town.

I’ll be rooting for Denver, but either way, it should be a great game !

4. I.R. Wayright says:

I’m one of those who “couldn’t care less.” I find it increasingly hard to sit stilll long enough to watch the Daytona 500 too. I guess I am more preoccupied with what this country is coming to. After watching the Isle of Man TT Races (motorcycles at 200 mph on country roads) everything else pales in comparison.

• Terry says:

Well I.R., don’t think we don’t have the devastation of Our Country on our minds, but give us a break ! It’s not like we are ignoring the problems of the world in order to watch cars or motorcycles go straight, turn left, and repeat, or something.

Wonderful post, Terry, especially the MetLife commercial.

I love football and I’m a diehard Broncos fan so I won’t be missing even a second of the game. Gotta go get my pot of green chili ready!

6. Buck says:

Yeah probably the only game of the year I try to watch and we may be snowed in and the water hole is 12 miles away….
    Lucky I squirreled away a six pack of Bud and a bottle of Johnny Walker Red……….

7. Just Gene says:

Is it a coincident that the two teams in the super bowl come from states that have legalized mary jane? I live about 100 miles from the stadium and the aroma was wonderful!
    luvya