MG Vallely on Organizing the Tea Parties

From WND:

teapartypatriots

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. – Retired Maj. Gen. Paul E. Vallely, chairman of Stand Up America, has just unveiled the liberals’ worst nightmare, a plan to unite the tea party into a vast army to turn America back to its constitutional roots.

The plan was one of several steps Vallely announced Sunday afternoon at the South Carolina Tea Party Convention.

“We’re in a battle for America. We must save America and today we’re going to do it,” Vallely said. “America is at a crossroads, and it’s up to us to take the right road and get this country back again. We’ve got to do it. We’ve got to stand up.”

Vallely has been at the forefront of calls to return America to her constitutional roots by removing “usurpers” from office. Among those is a call  for a House-led parliamentary style vote of “no confidence” in the Obama administration.

While such a vote would send a message that Congress believes he has violated his oath of office, it would not be legally binding.

Vallely has said the American people are frustrated now because of the lack of leadership seen by those who claim to adhere to the Constitution and conservative values.

“The tea-party people are looking for leadership,” he said. “The next level is where do we go with the tea party?”

In an attempt to provide that leadership, Vallely said he sought feedback from various tea-party groups around the nation and is wanting to integrate them into a coordinated plan of attack to take back the country from the left-wing  ideology spearheaded by President Obama.

MG Paul Vallely

Among the other plans Vallely has advocated is taking control of the language that is often used to tar conservatives and Republicans. One approach is to have candidates run as an American first.

“We want candidates to run as an American first before being a Republican American or a Democrat,” he explained. “We know that in the end they’re going to have to get on either the Republican or Democrat tickets, but we want to ask each candidate to run as an American before they run as a Republican, Democrat or independent. And then say as an American this is what I stand for.

“There is an appeal if I tell you that I’m running as an American before anything else and I stand for the Constitution, that I have values, I have traditions, I have faith, I love all of those things and that’s what I’m going to run on,” Vallely explained. “This whole concept of running against an American and not even mention Democratic Party/Republican Party is very  powerful.”

He also called for getting away from hyphenated labels that tend to divide us: “We’ve got to change the dialogue. So anytime someone tries to identify you as a white, black, or Hispanic or brown set him straight. I am interfacing and working with you as an individual.”

Vallely’s thoughts on hyphenated labels echo that of another great American, John Wayne. In his album, “America: Why I Love Her,” the Duke has a track called “The Hyphen.”

In it he says, “When a man calls himself an Afro-American, a Mexican-American, Italian-American, an Irish-American, Jewish-American, what he  is saying is I’m a divided American.”

While the actions proposed by Vallely are certainly formidable, they pale in comparison to his most ambitious proposal yet, to unite the tea party under a common leadership.

Despite the “party” in its name, the tea party is not a nationally organized group like the major political parties.  Consequently, the tea party does not have the political clout it could have if it were a more unified force.

To strike this balance Vallely announced his plan to create an organization that will consist of a leadership council that will help the organizations speak as one voice while still maintaining their separate identities.

“What we are recommending is after receiving a lot of feedback and talking to people is forming the American Provisional Leadership Council,” Vallely said. “It will work with all the tea parties to be a voice in Washington, D.C., to  direct the government on what they need to do. So we have a common voice.”

Vallely explained that he is not attempting to force the various tea-party  groups to submit to the leadership council, but he is creating it to provide a tool to go on the offensive in 2014.

He said his goal is to have at least eight people on the council who come from all walks of life and possess what he calls “common-sense wisdom.” Those he is looking for could be seniors, three-or four-star generals, enlisted service members or even corporate executives.

“They will work in unison with all the tea parties, and we will be a voice to be reckoned with,” Vallely said.

~~~~~~~~~

Could Vallely be our next George Washington or Thomas Jefferson, organizing the troops and readying for battle as it were? I hope so, and hope has been in very short supply for a few years.

If his plan works, the Tea Party would be a louder voice and a stronger force to rival the Dems and the fence-sitting GOP.

It may be pie in the sky, but I think he’s more than capable of taking on Washington. What we have isn’t working, so we have to try something different. I’m all for throwing in with him. Like he said – ‘Stand Up America.’

~Kathy

(h/t Wendy)

Tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to MG Vallely on Organizing the Tea Parties

1. Buck says:

Possibly. Possibly.

I find nothing here to argue with. A figure such as Vallely is certainly worth a look at. As far as a name goes, what difference does it make ? Once the leftist media hacks learn it, the French Republicans learn it, it WILL be dragged through the mud. I personally like American Tradition Party, or something along the lines of the Constitutional Party.

• Kathy says:

Right, Clyde, at this point, a name doesn’t much matter – it’s the action that matters, and the sooner the better.

If we really mean what we say, it’s time to back it up with some action.

3. Chris says:

Sounds good.

I’d suggest breaking it down to a set of core principles, then rallying round it. There’s no time for debate – have people join if they like the principles, then fight for them.

Chris

• Kathy says:

Good point, Chris, and fortunately the Tea Party already has 15 main core beliefs, and they’re really simple. Maybe too simplistic, but it’s a good place to start.

1. Illegal aliens are here illegally.
      2. Pro-domestic employment is indispensable.
      3. A strong military is essential.
      4. Special interests must be eliminated.
      5. Gun ownership is sacred.
      6. Government must be downsized.
      7. The national budget must be balanced.
      8. Deficit spending must end.
      9. Bailout and stimulus plans are illegal.
      10. Reducing personal income taxes is a must.
      11. Reducing business income taxes is mandatory.
      12. Political offices must be available to average citizens.
      13. Intrusive government must be stopped.
      14. English as our core language is required.
      15. Traditional family values are encouraged.

4. A “ray of sunshine”. The “tree of Liberty” I’ve been hoping and waiting for is about to sprout.

This year will be marked as either a new beginning or a fatal blow to what we once knew as The United States of America. Both the House and the Senate MUST be shaken, like a dirty rug that it has become, and washed clean of the treacherous bastards rallying within.

G-d Bless Maj. Gen. Paul E. Vallely and ALL who follow…

5. If we get off our duffs, and stand up and say, “I’VE HAD ENOUGH~!”,,, we, as a united America, can do it.

It’s not going to be pretty. People are going to get hurt, because the liberal dragon will thrash in its death throes. MG Vallely knows this. And I’m sure he is aware and cognizant of the “Wizard behind the curtain”, and who has built the house of straw that supports the obomanation.

What we are facing is an international cartel of evil. And if we don’t recognize THAT fact, we’re doomed before the first step is taken in the march of protest.

• I truly believe this can be done provided we all work in concert. He’s right in unifying all the TEA parties. This is what’s been needed all along – UNITY with a common goal.
      And you’re quite right in that if we don’t do this this year, it’ll be too late to accomplish any marked change without all out war. We’ll be way too far down the road to perdition after November, should we lose both houses of Congress. IMO

• Kathy says:

Grouchy, I think the Tea Party has had the right idea for a long time – they were just missing the leadership that could link them all together.

It may not be pretty, but it already looks better than what we currently have.

• Kathy; The only thing “organized, right now, is the crimes being committed by the progressive left. And it’s not just here, in the U.S., but globally.

The GOP, as all other parties, are all over the place like chickens in a hurricane. Too busy in-fighting to form anything resembling a cohesive party. The left hand has no idea of what the right is doing and neither of them are clean.

There are TEA parties in every state and it’s only a matter of gathering under a common leadership; that may well be M.G. Vallely. And even if he’s not the main character to “run” for office, at least he’ll be the “king maker”. Time will tell.

As optimistic as this may seem to be, and trust me, I am all for it, I’ll tread with caution before I decide to throw my eggs into the one basket, (burnt once but twice shy). Patience, Grasshopper, patience…..

Do It Now ! If you build it, they will come. I promise.

• Kathy says:

Like HEA said, tread with caution, but there finally seems to be a workable plan in place. Be on the lookout for reaction from the Tea Party. It will be interesting to see if they’re on board with this.

• That’s absolutely right, Kathy. Let’s see if the local TEA parties are in consensus first.
        If so, and their tenets are the same and/or are amenable to them, so be it. If not, we know who to dump.

7. white531 says:

I didn’t find this from this site. It was sent to me by a friend. Steven Sanders, to be precise. He has a site you might want to visit. Natural Conservatism and Common Sense.

Point I want to make is, the General has touched a nerve. His message is reaching a lot of sites. God Bless the man. Courage is what we need most right now. He seems to have plenty of it.

8. Blessed B. says:

Glad to hear Maj. Gen. Vallely say this! Someone needs to rally the patriots and get them working in unison! If many of the candidates are elected then real change can happen. They just need to get in, then worry about what they will call themselves.

Many people are sick and tired of both parties and their BS… RINOS and CINOS are not wanted! We want real Americans who stand up for and follow the Constitution. No Hyphens allowed either! You’re either American or you’re not…period!

Hope many Tea Parties will see the wisdom in what he is saying and will have their group under that umbrella!

• Kathy says:

We’ve been saying for months that all we needed was our John Connor or George Washington. Has he appeared? Time will tell, and we’ll be watching.

Names can be figured out later – a larger voice and action are what we need right now.

• Blessed B. says:

Totally agree! We will be watching and praying!

• white531 says:

I have always said this, and you may agree, or disagree, but this nation always seems to find True Patriots when they are most needed. It is the Legend of Patrick Henry, for lack of a better title.

I believe the Founders are still here with us, guiding us in some way. I see it in people like Ted Cruz, and more recently, Major General Vallely.

Throughout History, you will find people who say America was not an accident, not by a long measure. I am one of them. The Hand of God is upon this nation. It has always been so, and it is right now. God wanted His people to live free. The United States of America, was the best example He could give us. Let us try our best, to not disappoint Him.

• Everything you’ve said, White531, is spot on. However, it’s not the Founders that are with us, it’s the hand of The Almighty.

This nation was founded by men who respected G-d’s Laws, refined them and wrote them down onto parchment, much like Moses did of G-d’s Laws, not on parchment, or vellum or clay but on stone, (gives new meaning to “in stone, doesn’t it?). His laws are irrefutable and ours are based on His. Hence, inalienable.

Like Israel is His favored people, and Egypt his favored inheritance, we are the bastion of His freedoms. One can only imagine if all three were to combine.

With Israel’s ability to hold onto a promise and make the desert bloom and Egypt’s tenacious righteous indignation and our liberty to bear fruit from our freedom of ingenuity…..my, oh, my!

No other nation on this planet can claim that, if they fall, so goes the world. NONE!

We WILL prevail but how or when or how many will fall in the process is up to us NOW.

9. white531 says:

The General’s reference to John Wayne touched my heart. I’ll tell you why. I have every single one of his movies, and I watch them several times a week, when I get sick of reading the news.
    They uplift me. They give me faith, that this country will survive. That all that has happened, wasn’t for nothing. That all the soldiers who died in some foreign rat hole of a country, did not die for nothing.

i don’t know how John Wayne movies somehow relate to all that, but to me they do. Perhaps it is because Western movies portray a period in this nation’s history, that we will never visit again. There was never a time in our History, when people lived so free. It was a magical time. We will never see anything like it again.

Please forgive me, if I get emotional about that.

• Never say never, White531. It happens all the time only we may not see it until it’s in our rear-view.
      Magical things are about to happen and, unless you’re looking for them, you’ll never recognize them.
      Lots of things are happening right now, in front of us, that were foretold eons ago, yet no one sees them until after they’ve happened. Had one thought to look, one could have seen it coming, and been at peace all along, knowing the outcome. Instead, we fret over the uncertainties…..

10. white531 says:

God Bless you. I was going to say more, but its late. We will take this up again, tomorrow.

11. Buck says:

Kathy:
    “Be on the lookout for reaction from the Tea Party. It will be interesting to see if they’re on board with this.”
    THAT is the main test. Is the Tea Party ready to accept a true leader? Or will they, like the RINO’s they profess to abhor, will they turn on him and try to destroy him, making themselves irrelevant in the process???

• Kathy says:

It would have been good to see their reaction to this speech Sunday at their convention. I’m guessing he was an invited guest, so it seems reasonable they would be on board with it. I will keep my eye out for further comment and action.

I think it will be akin to herding cats… but it is doable IF Vallely’s message is good. The key will be IF the individual TEA movement fiefdoms are amenable to cede some power to a central voice.

I really like the concept, especially no hyphens. Our nation as become so polarized with identity politics that it has become paralyzed. Running as an American is a GREAT idea.

On Jan. 12 I posted two articles on Gen. Vallely. I think he’s the real deal:

and

• Kathy says:

The concept is solid and if they can all cooperate and support it, I think it has a good chance of growing. He’s given us another choice – unity as Americans. Thanks for adding those links.

13. WTXGunRunner says:

If ONLY, K, if only. The initial story and all of the comments/concerns are great. They actually show me the situation we are in at present. Yeah, they are great ideas, but are we waiting for someone else to make THAT first move? No idea here. The idea of consolidation is wonderful and I sincerely hope that this will be a main point of going forward. Like one of the comments, I do truly believe that 2014 IS a turning point for this country. I keep asking myself “how much further can we go DOWN as a country”. Almost daily I get surprised that this country finds a way to boggle my mind yet again. I only HOPE that the ‘many voices’ can become ‘one big screaming voice’!! That’s what we need, as America. At least, that’s one humble American’s view on it. God Bless America! Always.

14. Larry says:

Maj. Gen. Paul E. Vallely needs to UNITE the Tea Party, Stand Up America, the Libertarian Party, and any and all other “minor” parties or groups into one large party or political force!

Will each one get ALL that they want, no, but there is common ground that can agreed upon as long as the Constitution is the foundation for any platform established.

If this can be done, and I believe it can, we CAN take back America!

Semper Fidelis – Always Faithful to God, Country, and Corps!

• Kathy says:

Welcome to the conversation, Larry. Here’s hoping it’s not just more rhetoric or bluster on Vallely’s part. We desperately need some action behind those words.

For years I’ve wanted to see the Tea Party united instead of so many splinter groups. A stronger louder voice can’t be ignored. They’re so similar in their beliefs that common ground should be fairly simple to achieve.