Chris Wallace: Chris Christie 2016?

Chris Christie, spoke to Fox News Sunday’s Chris Wallace in a wide-ranging interview about how Republicans can win in blue states, what he thinks of his critics, and whether he could survive a GOP primary to become the Republican nominee for president.

Though Christie denied his desire to begin campaigning for 2016 first thing this morning, Wallace reminded him that if he wanted to be the GOP’s nominee, he first had to pass through the Republican primaries, where some of his less conservative stances may cost him among a more right-leaning electorate. Wallace submitted Christie to a “lightning round” on current issues to test his conservative credentials, making Christie answer (or not answer) questions on a path to citizenship and gun control.

Christie affirmed that he was eager to fix a broken immigration system, though he did not comment on the path to citizenship, and also said he was for “violence control,” with a focus on mental health reform, to curb gun violence. He noted he had signed some gun control measures as governor, but vetoed others.

“We need to not pander on these issues,” Christie said. “We need to have adults in the room who make decisions based upon controlling violence in our society.”

Wallace also quoted both Christie’s criticism of Senator Ted Cruz’s (R-TX) government shutdown, and Senator Rand Paul’s (R-KY) criticism of him.

“I’m not going to get into the Washington, D.C. game that you’re trying to get me into,” Christie said. “I’m focused on getting things done, and I think that’s why we got 61% of the vote. I’ll work with anyone and everyone who is willing to work with me on my principles…The rest of this stuff is just the game people play in Washington, which is why people hate Washington, D.C.”

Watch the full clip below, via Fox News:

Sorry, I’m not buying it.  Christie is a RINO and he is ABSOLUTELY running for POTUS.

PERIOD.

If the GOP pushes this guy on us then I will vote for someone else.

What say you?

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Chris Wallace: Chris Christie 2016?

1. upaces88 says:

Too Moderate? He is taking $ from the Muslims.
    Romney brought this up also for him to run.
    Google: Romney + Soros
    ——-
    Remember, Romney, if President, wanted to build an Islamic Charter School for the Muslims.
    They are trying to slide another one by us!

It depends. If it comes down to him or Hitlery, I’ll take him over her any day. Not that our votes really matter anymore, as we found out last time…

• upaces88 says:

Kathy, he is ALREADY overly self indulgent…we can see that by his weight.
      He is weak and would ….I don’t even know why that fat azz is even considered!

3. pepperhawk says:

I can’t vote for this nothing but a bully. He’s a liberal acting like he’s a conservative. Curb violence? Ha, he’s violent and vile himself when he opens his mouth. Curbing violence to him means more gun control. Screw him. I’m voting for someone else.

You KNOW my answer to that. I’ll vote for goddamn Pat Paulsen before THAT asshole.

5. BrianR says:

Yep, add me to that chorus. NO WAY am I voting for that Obama-buttkissing nimrod. I don’t care WHO his opponent is.

If the GOP is stupid enough to nominate that jagoff, they’re stupid enough to deserve to lose yet again.

I am WAY beyond being fed up to the gills with the Establishment GOP hacks selecting some “moderate” doucebag that everyone’s supposed to fall into line like good little soldiers and vote for. If I want to vote for a lefty, I’ll vote for the Real Thing, the goddammed Democrat.

• upaces88 says:

This is yet another dangers point in our history. IF they allow him to run as a Republican…. the 3rd party may rise.
      West mentioned he would run as a Tea Party Candidate…in other words, make the Tea Party THE 3rd Party.

There was talk right after the last convention that Michelle Bachman, Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich were headed to declare a “3rd Party.
      Haven’t heard anything about it since.

• BrianR says:

Well, I think it’s long overdue. It would simply replicate the origin of the GOP itself, which was a “third party” which ran Lincoln as their first successful presidential candidate.

• upaces88 says:

Thank you for reminding me of that. In several of the articles I read, they referred to him as a “Republican” setting the slaves free vs. the Democrats.

6. tannngl says:

Why would you doubt him? He SAID he was a conservative!

(Anyone who must say it, hasn’t proved it by deed.)

7. Garnet92 says:

“Christie is a RINO and he is ABSOLUTELY running for POTUS.” Totally agree with ‘Nox on Christie. We need to do everything we can to make sure that we affect the nomination so that we don’t arrive at November, 2016 with Christie as our only choice.

If we have a Tea Party to vote for – a real conservative – I’m in even if it appears that we stand no chance of winning, BUT if we don’t have a viable conservative third party, I would vote for Christie – or anyone else who is not Hillary.

I’m with all of you “Nayers”.
    I’m also tired of the same-old same-old from the GOP.
    If there is no TRUE Conservative running, I’ll stay at home election day.
    If someone says to me “You could help the left win by not voting” I shall reply :
    “At this point, what difference does it make ?”

• BrianR says:

And the REAL culprit of “helping the Left win” is the idiotic Establishment GOP which absolutely REFUSES to learn the lessons of history, and remains super-glued on stupid.

• upaces88 says:

Something more is going on. He is, I am sure, laughed about behind his back. Something is not right here at all if GOP are behind him. He is a a fat slob no one respects.
        He took $ from the Muslims…as I mentioned previously, Romney spoke up for him.
        When Romney was running for President — he wanted to give build a Charter School for Islamists.
        Again, if you haven’t done it yet. Google: Romney+Soros.

The man was laughed at before..so ?????

I’ve learned to be very careful about saying “never,” so I won’t go that far; but I’ve also come to believe that it’s a big mistake to announce that you’ll give in and vote for the GOP moderate candidate if it comes down to it. Conceding this up front gives the moderates no incentive to move to the right because they know you’ll cave when push comes to shove.

This game of chicken where we always lose is getting pretty tiresome, so I would just say that the moderates better look out, because if they’re going to force me to pick between Hillary and Hillary-lite I might just give them Hillary.

• Garnet92 says:

You make a good point CW and I don’t necessarily disagree. The time that we need to make our voices heard is during the nomination process – to get someone better than McCain, Romney, or Christie. And I think the way to do that is for conservatives to take a hard, firm stand against a dem-light during the nominating process. The RINOs don’t have the stomach for a fight – they’re used to giving – they do it all the time with the dems, but THEY have to be convinced that we won’t show up at the polls.

I know that sounds like I’m wishy washy on whether I’d sit home and let another Obama take over, I would not. We’ve had two terms of Obama (which I’m not sure that we can recover from) partly because some sat home in the name of political purity. Speaking for myself, I damn sure dislike McCain and didn’t like Romney much better, but either would have been better than Obama.

Ok, blast away.

• BrianR says:

The problem is, that alone won’t work. Here’s the real problem. The gomers who RUN the Establishment GOP determine WHERE they allocate the resources — money and people — and they pick and choose which candidates they’re going to support. A really GREAT example happened just last week, when the GOP refused to throw any support to Ken Cuccinelli in Virginia — because he’s a Tea Party guy — and let socialist Terry McAuliffe win instead.

THEY’D RATHER LET A SOCIALIST WIN THAN SUPPORT A CONSERVATIVE.

That tells the whole story, right there. All you folks who keep talking about trying to “win” the primaries are howling at the moon. The Establishment hacks will block it at every opportunity, and they control the party purse-strings.

On top of that, you have other drones like Karl Rove and others forming their own PACs whose sole and specific purpose is to defeat conservatives in the primaries and elections.

If you think we’re not in OUTRIGHT WAR with the Establishment GOP, you’re kidding yourself badly.

• Hardnox says:

Brian, you have summed it up perfectly. Further, if conservatives do manage to slip in, they get hamstrung by the party to get in line and function like moderates otherwise they are abandoned next election cycle. My own rep is proof of that.

10. I refuse to vote for someone who is only conservative by the standards of the GOP establishment and a bunch of dumbass yankees.

• Hardnox says:

Exactly. We vote every cycle with the hope and anticipation of affecting change only to get disappointed over and over again.

Einstein had a theory on stupidity (paraphrase): “doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results”.