Responsibility and Accountability – surely you jest!

If all these people are losing their medical coverage, then someone should be losing their job. (plural) That’s logical.

Democrats version of taking responsibility is Hillary Clinton — the gold standard for taking evading responsibility.

How is it that all these officials come out to say they take full responsibility and yet none of them ever do? That sounds like something Andy Rooney might say. How many times have we heard Obama say “I take responsibility” then proceed to blame everyone else? Hillary said she would take full responsibility for Benghazi and then dodged any and all accountability.

So what they mean is some illusion of taking responsibility without any accountability. And don’t try to force any on them. No one is ever held accountable under Obama. In fact, on the contrary, the bigger the screw up the bigger the promotion. So using that measure, I’m not sure they have a promotion big enough to give Kathleen Sebelius.

Sebelius says, I apologize” for the website. Obama takes full responsibility for “fixing” the website. Is either one of these equivalent to taking responsibility for ObamaCare problems? No.

Obama said of the Gulf oil spill decisions: “In case you were wondering who’s responsible, I take responsibility.” Then he proceeded to blame everyone else. They talk about responsibility an awful lot, but they have problems defining what that means. I don’t think they defined it yet or ever plan to, despite their many golden opportunities.

“And, I take responsibility for it and we’re going to make sure we fix it so it doesn’t happen again.” Obama said during the Tom Daschle debacle. And on AIG bonuses, the Gulf oil spill, IRS, non-transparent Obamacare process, 2010 midterms, and for not explaining an issue to dumb Americans…etc etc. What does responsibility mean? Absolutely nothing!

“Hold me accountable for the debacle. I’m responsible,” Sebelius said. Does anyone want to make odds on that happening?

It pays to remember that these Leftists are the same people who, on politics, which is in everything for progressives, always hound their opposition to “apologize”, or disassociate with remarks of their critics. They are forever looking for apologies and others to be held accountable, even when the persons are not responsible for the “grievance” — which the Left wears like a badge.

“For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it might cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.” –Patrick Henry

~Bullright

Tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Responsibility and Accountability – surely you jest!

Nothing but shallow words intended to make the listener put the matter to rest and move on. In DC there is no such thing as either accountability or responsibility – only blame for the other guy.

• Garnet92 says:

So right, Bull – Kathy stole my thunder – “I am responsible” is a code-statement for “no mas.” It doesn’t really mean that they will ACCEPT responsibility – that’s just silly talk.

• bullright says:

Kathy: Shallow and meaningless, that about sums it up.

Garnet: strange how that’s the real silly part.

These “scholars” have ZERO clue of what the word “responsibility” means. Good piece, Bull.

3. Garnet92 says:

We will do well to treat any responsibility that one of this administration takes as being just like everything else that they say: a lie. Apparently, the truth gene was kicked out of them during grade school by a conservative kid and they’ve never been able to tell the truth since.

4. Saltwater says:

I am inclined to believe this is a learned personality defect. I suspect they were reared in progressive ‘no fault’ households where children are seldom chastised, and never disciplined. When they did something even their ‘progressive’ parents could not ignore, they were simply commanded to say, “I’m sorry.” Having done so, they were sent back out to play while the adults congratulated each other on their “enlightened” approach to parenting.

I came to this conclusion watching one after another of these golden children dutifully mutter meaningless apologies, then be aghast that anyone would dare continue pressing them on an issue. The capstone moment for this reasoning came when Sebelius whimpered those five infamous words as pointed questions came from the dais after her perfunctory mea culpa – “Don’t do this to me.”

• bullright says:

I think you nailed it home, especially as applied to Barry. Don’t need his bio, its right there. Yep, imagine Sebelius acting like a victim in this. Now we don’t have to imagine.

5. WTXGunRunner says:

Well, Bull, in a dem’s world all “I take responsibility” means (really) is, “What have YOU done?”, or “What were YOU you thinking?”, or (fill in your answer here, please). Great article!

I’m a broken record on this but in my view leftists like Obama have mentalities like children. They are driven by ego and they consider conservatives, i.e. the adults, to be the enemy, just like children are often at odds with their parents. A child doesn’t really understand anything about actually taking responsibility; he just knows that this is what adults say when they’ve messed up. So what Obama is doing is PLAYING at being an adult, minus the sincerity or seriousness of a REAL adult.

• bullright says:

You’re right, most of them should be on the white couch, but instead they are handed power. And like Billy J, what an example he is setting. Man do they ever remind me of children,

7. Mrs AL says:

Great read here, Bullright. I for one am sick and tired of the double-speak that has become acceptable by the citizens of this country. Whether directly or indirectly, any ‘but’ added negates what came before it. And these ‘people’ are ‘but’ heads.

8. Buck says:

You don’t understand.
    It’s easy to tell folks, “I take full responsibility,” then take no responsibility, no accountability and blame someone else when all the younger people today have been educated in an environment where responsibility and accountability are discarded in favor of self esteem and things that go wrong are easily blamed on a third party.

• bullright says:

Yea, if they are going to say it, they dang sure want something for it. And we’re right back to meaningless words. (forced ones at that) But then we can’t count on the press to keep the record straight either.

Good post. When was the last time any adolescent admitted responsibility?

It’s easy to blame one’s self when it’s known there will be no punishment. And in the current regime there is none…usually just a reassignment and/or promotion.
    Good post, Bull.