Is This Bastard REALLY This Stupid?

Obviously, the answer isn’t only YES, but HELL YES.

Watch oil and gas and coal stocks. Guess WHO is making rumblings, trying to drive the price per share down. From The Daily Caller.com

Just when you think this asshole cannot do ANYTHING dumber, he proves me wrong.

Keep an eye on these. The share price starts drifting, SHORT it. WE may as well make a killing while we can as well.

Al Gore claims investing in fossil fuels hurts profits.

3:47 PM  10/30/2013
Michael Bastasch

Al Gore is warning you: Investing in fossil  fuels will hurt your bottom line as countries begin to issue tougher regulations  to fight global warming.

The Gore-founded Generation Investment  Management put out a  report saying that investing in fossil fuels  will not be as profitable going forward because of political pressures to fight  global warming.

In order to meet the United Nation’s target of limiting global warming to 2  degrees Celsius, Generation says that about two-thirds of unextracted fossil  fuels — such as coal, oil and natural gas — must stay underground. This means  that fossil fuel assets like coal mines or oil and gas wells must lower  production, reducing revenues.

“It is no longer prudent for investors and asset owners to treat climate  change as a  peripheral issue,” said David Blood, who co-founded Generation Investment with  Gore. “Investors and asset owners should capitalize on the opportunities  emerging from the transition to a low-carbon economy. The competitive landscape  for fossil fuel-intensive companies is losing its attractiveness at an  accelerated rate.”

Gore and Blood have an investment strategy that seeks to “embed sustainability into the  mainstream capital  markets.” Five  percent of the company’s profits go toward the Generation Foundation, which  promotes “sustainable capitalism,” which “maximize long-term economic value  creation by reforming markets to address real needs while considering all costs  and stakeholders.”

“My advice to Al Gore, if he is confident that a carbon bubble will bring  down big oil, is to put his money where his  mouth is and start taking some short positions,” writes Robert Coleman for the Motley Fool.  “My advice to investors, on the other hand, is to look elsewhere for guidance.  The global energy mix is without a doubt evolving, but these are gradual changes  that will reflect supply, demand, and pricing rather than the arbitrary  predictions of politicians.”

It may be hard to convince investors to ditch fossil fuel investments in the  midst of a U.S. oil and gas boom. U.S. oil and gas production has been breaking  new records in recent years and the country is expected to become the world’s top oil and gas producer.

“Oil is still where the money is,” writes Coleman. “According to the same …  report that warns against consuming more than a third of fossil fuel reserves,  oil prices are expected to rise to $125 a barrel by 2035 — and that’s adjusting  for inflation. If there’s a bubble forming, it sure doesn’t look to be popping  anytime soon.”

Gore, along with other environmental activists, have been pushing divestment  campaigns in order to hit fossil fuel companies where it hurts by taking away  their investors. Environmental activists have been targeting universities and colleges in  particular.

Activists tout a study commissioned by the Associated Press that  found that, “An endowment of $1 billion that excluded fossil fuel companies would have  grown to $2.26 billion over the past 10 years, but an endowment that included  investments in fossil fuel companies would have grown to $2.14  billion”

However, Harvard University recently rejected the idea of divesting from fossil fuels — because it provides one-third of the  funds the school spends every year.

A study commissioned by the American Petroleum  Institute found that oil and natural gas investments are a huge boon to  universities. The study found that oil and natural gas stocks made up 2.1  percent of university endowments, but generated 5.7 percent of all endowment  gains in between 2010 and 2011.

Furthermore, oil and natural gas stocks showed 53 percent returns —  outperforming endowments as a whole, as well as the performance of the S&P  500.

~

You just KNOW this is a BAD idea if the Goron’s ALMA MATER says it’s a bad idea.

I also find it VERY strange that the Gore family fortune was PRIMARILY from investments in …wait for it…. OIL COMPANIES. Mainly, Occidental Petroleum. And now, the idiot wants to cut the value OUT of companies that have made HIS family VERY well off. Talk about convoluted thinking.

I do not claim to be a professional investor, but, since age 18, I have been buying and selling various shares of various companies at various times, and for various reasons. One thing my financial adviser told me, was NEVER divulge your strategy to ANYONE but the CLOSEST of confidants.

So, what does this “genius” do ? Basically, announces to the WORLD what his strategy is. Shorting energy stocks. Hell, Helen Keller can see through this one.

While the asshole MAY convince moonbat investors, he isn’t fooling the SMART ones. What doesn’t get used in the way of produced stocks of coal, oil, and gas HERE, can DAMN sure be EXPORTED, and sold overseas. Anyone here think China, India, name your developing country, WON’T buy this stuff ? And, with increased sales come increased profits, and BOOM. Increased per share prices. Blowing the Fraudacle’s plan right out of the water.

If you see Al on the street someday, holding a sign that says “BROKE. HUNGRY. Will Work For Food”., tell him Clyde says thanks much for making him wealthy.

~

Clyde

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to Is This Bastard REALLY This Stupid?

1. Double Face Palm. How can someone with such a brain continue to live?
    Clyde, you can totally bewilder me beyond speechlessness.
    Well, not YOU so much. But the IDIOTS you find to write about~!

The tail is hoping to wag the dog.

Good article, Clyde!

3. bullright says:

Good post and description Clyde. All I can think of on Gore and strategy is to plug in the hypocrisy factor. What he counsels others to do he does the opposite. That’s just a thought not unexpected from Gore. He so much reminds me of Shillary, close the doors after he gets his and burn the ladder behind him. America dodged one missile in not electing him. But its scary the guru influence he does have,

4. myfoxmystere says:

Perhaps Dingdong al-gore has a new invention up his pants leg: an emission control device that captures his swamp gas to power electrical plants. After all, he sure knows he rips plenty of swamp gas when he belches out his global warming squealing points.

• randy63ism says:

If the “Goron” had any brains he could market some of that cerebral flatulence percolating upstairs, but then again, that’s rather redundant, huh?

• Clyde says:

I’ve always contended if the Fraudacle practiced what he preaches, there would at LEAST 100,000,000 tons of “pollutants” spewed into the air each year. Thanks, my fox, for stopping by.

5. randy63ism says:

Clyde, Goron describes that idiot perfectly. I hope he never comes to Tulsa. Big oil built this city you know. J. Paul Getty and many others made their fortunes here.

• Clyde says:

You forget, Randy. To assholes like Gore, Tulsa doesn’t exist. Fly-over country in their shit-sotted eyes.

• randy63ism says:

Sort of. A little over a year ago, Joe Biden was in town attending a fundraiser hosted by George Kaiser (a Solyndra investor) for the 0bama 2012 campaign. I was on duty and only about 100 feet away when the VP’s motorcade drove by, and was so wishing I had a few rotten tomatoes with me until I remembered the sharpshooters posted on the overpass, lol. FBI, Secret Service, and OHP crawling all over the place, with whole sections of highway blocked off from 5:00 PM rush hour traffic. Remember, I work armed and that would have turned ugly real fast. I should have flipped them the bird at least, sigh.

6. myfoxmystere says:

Something just came back to me: I recall an interview that I did a recording session for back in 2007. My colleague was a guy named Paul McGuire, who was a talk show host. If any of you have seen Paul McGuire on Fox News, CNN and Sid Roth’s It’s Supernatural, yes, he’s the guy I worked with. Paul had an interview with John McCain, talking about liberals and their tree hugging policies. Of all the looney things they wanted to enforce, they wanted natural emissions coming from farms to be strictly regulated across the country. One of the most infamous regulations they wanted to implement, according to John McCain, was a way to “control the flatulence of cows.” Another looney idea from the mind of Dingdong al-gore!

• randy63ism says:

Yea, I remember all the jokes that made the rounds back then over those cow fart-generated methane emissions. There was even a TV commercial that made fun of it.

• Clyde says:

I remember him, myfox. Good catch.

• Rich B says:

“One of the most infamous regulations they wanted to implement, according to John McCain, was a way to “control the flatulence of cows.” Another looney idea from the mind of Dingdong al-gore!”

So THAT’S what all those rather large nasty looking corks were for at the DNC last year. The mystery is finally explained. I hope they saved one to shove up Al Gore’s… I think you all know what I mean.

• Clyde says:

Indeed we do, Rich. Thanks for coming by.

• myfoxmystere says:

Yep, all those nasty looking corks came off the huge barrels of moonshine that refilled the thousand dollar moonbat hooch bottles that Nancy Pelosi used to carry in her Air Force One plane when she was House Speaker. They also use that hooch in the pig slop trough that the moonbats eat from.

7. Garnet92 says:

Another bull’s-eye Clyde on Gore’s ample rump. Who, in their right mind, would look to Al Gore for investment advice, especially in the energy sector? He’s been totally immersed in green happy gas for years. I’d love to see his secret portfolio, I’ll bet that there are a few “dirty” stocks in there making money for him.

One thing is sure, Bull is right, we dodged an ICBM when we DIDN’T elect him.

• Clyde says:

Thanks, Garnet. To think, just yesterday, you were telling me to “cut him some slack”.bwahahahahahaha Agree, too, with you and Bullright’s assessment.

8. randy63ism says:

Hey everybody, remember we’re dealing with the man who invented the internet.
    He’s a legend in his own mind, isn’t he?

9. tannngl says:

How did he ever become a senator? I guess it was the connection to his daddy. What a nincompoop

10. Blessed B. says:

We have Dr. Fruitfly Suzuki here to contend with. He’s the same as Goron. I wonder how they can remember to breath, walk and flap their mouths at the same time! It’s a darn wonder of freak nature I tell ya’!