Our Shopping Experiences

The ABC News  website carries a story entitled, ”CMS Chief Apologizes for Rocky Obamacare Rollout.”  You can read the full account here.

From the article referenced above:

“To the millions of Americans who’ve attempted to use healthcare.gov to shop and enroll in health care coverage, I want to apologize to you that the website has not worked as well as it should,” Tavenner said in testimony before the House Ways and Means Committee.

“We know how desperately you need affordable coverage. I want to assure you that healthcare.gov can and will be fixed, and we are working around the clock to deliver the shopping experience that you deserve,” she said. “We are seeing improvements each week, and as we’ve said publicly, by the end of November the experience on the site will be smooth for the vast majority of users.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“… shopping experience …”  Really?  You actually said that, Ms. Tavenner?

Some may question my picking up this language.  But IMHO it ought to send shivers down your spine.  Juxtaposing what is supposed to be the experience of a free and sovereign individual in the context of a government mandated product ought to frighten each U.S. Citizen to the core.

But it doesn’t. And why?  Because we have been conditioned not to notice when the private versus public wall has been breached. And I don’t see it being corrected unless a whole lot of Citizens do a whole lot of verbal saber-rattling and soon.

I’ve had my say.  What’s your take on my comments and/or the testimony of Ms.Tavenner?

Mrs AL

Tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Our Shopping Experiences

1. The Boston Tea Party was not a protest against the British Aristocracy so much as it was against Taxation without representation. This took place December 16, 1773. Added to the incident on King Street, Boston, on March 5, 1770 commonly known as the “Boston Massacre”, as well as other incidents prior and subsequent, These led to the incept of the American Revolution.
    “The Breaching of the Wall between Public and Private” is a VERY astute comment, as well as a very basic concept. And our little Dutch boy with his finger in the dyke,,, well, the young feller just doesn’t have enough fingers~!,,, He better hope the windmills are “up to snuff”,,, or he’s gonna lose his nation~!
    The problem here is,,, America doesn’t have Windmills for the same reason that Holland does. And we are being flooded because of our breached walls.

• Mrs AL says:

Grouchy, I don’t know if a high enough percentage of our fellow citizens are the least bit interested in protesting anything on any level against the national government. I am sorry to say I just don’t think enough of them to be able to mount a good protest at this point. Many of those who normally would have are too busy scrambling to survive and work with the changes

Your “flooded because of our breached walls” is chillingly accurate! Do we need to be bailing water or building a sturdier raft? (No clue where that Q came from but I will let it stand — haha).

2. Buck says:

I still don’t understand why folks think the folks who do not have health insurance now and go to the local ER for free treatment will sign up to pay for health care they are already getting on the taxpayers’ dime now…

• Mrs AL says:

It’s my understanding that the dime is just going to change hands so to speak. They will receive “assistance” for paying for insurance but must eventually have it. Least that’s how I read things. If someone else needs to correct my understanding, please do.

• Garnet92 says:

Great topic Mrs.! Buck has it pegged, those folk who have used the ER in the past have no reason to change their habits – to join the Obamacare would take time and effort to sign up (if it worked) and free is free, what’s their advantage? Smoking cessation help? I think most will prefer to stay under the radar and invisible.

3. Just the ‘ell outta curiosity – HOW can one get blood out of a turnip??? So, there’ll be penalties / fines / taxes for no insurance. How the HELL are they going to enforce that, when the folks don’t have money to buy insurance, let alone pay the fines for not having it???
    Just a point / counter point to go along with Buck and Mrs AL.

• Kathy says:

I’ve seen unverified stories that the fines will be deducted from tax refunds, liens put on homes and of course, the ever accumulating interest on said fine. It may not be true, but I wouldn’t put anything past the IRS.

• Mrs AL says:

“How can one get blood out of a turnip???” More taxes, Grouchy. It’s simple as that. You and I will pay for those who have no ability to pay.

Redistribution of Wealth … single payer b/c all government mandates.

Kathy and I have the same understanding also.

Good stuff, Mrs. AL.

Shopping experience??? Shopping is when I get to make choices! My choice of stores, my choice of product and price. It is not when I have something crammed down my throat after I chose from column A or column B.

Personal note: I got into a huge discussion about o’care, and as expected there were a couple of lefties in it. One gal was ‘tickled’ to have to coverage because it was an improvement of her current situation. The problem was she hadn’t a clue about how it came to be or the Constitutionality of it. Wasn’t her concern.

How many more like her are out there? Too many.

• Mrs AL says:

Thanx so much for telling us about that discussion, Kathy. Really sheds light on the political clueless class. Lack of awareness is our greatest threat in some regards.

Mrs.Al, your context here is PERFECTLY understandable. This “shopping experience” should NEVER had happened. Thank YOU, Chief Justice Roberts. Good post.

• Clyde, the way I understand it, Justice Roberts ruled, (against what (O) said,) he ruled it a tax.
      ALL financial legislation and tax legislation BY LAW, has to originate in the House of Representatives.

(O) Care – whatever the hell it is – Originated in the SENATE.

Therefore, By Roberts declaring it a TAX, he effectively ruled it UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Is ANYONE~!~? looking at that aspect of this catastrophic implosion???

• Mrs AL says:

I think some are looking, Grouchy. I would have to hone my searching skills but if memory serves, a suit has been filed. But don’t bank on my memory.

• garnet92 says:

Good catch Grouchy, I also have heard about two peeps about the unconstitutionality of this POS, but this avenue of attack doesn’t seem to have “legs.” I haven’t heard much about this in weeks – it does seem that it would need to go before the supremes to get resolved – but I cant’ imagine “Tax” Roberts reversing himself and ruling it unconstitutional.

• Saltwater says:

Quick update on that issue:
          The House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution is slated to file an amicus brief next week on behalf of the plaintiffs in Sissel v. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

“According to the subcommittee’s chairman, Republican Rep. Trent Franks of Arizona, already 50 co-sponsors have lined up in support of H.R. 154, which concurs with the lawsuit’s premise that Obamacare violated Article 1, Section 7, Clause 1, of the U.S. Constitution — which states ‘all bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives.'”

Story here:

• Mrs AL says:

Thanx so much, Saltwater. Ya’ might want to consider doing a post about this.
            I will indeed utilize the link!

• Thanks, Salty~! I’m SO blessed glad that I’m not the only one who saw this, and he has the courage and the wherewithal to follow through~!
            I note that 50 congress persons have signed on as an “Amicus Brief” to this case. That is great news, in itself~!

• Mrs AL says:

My pleasure, Clyde. The shopping experience from h e double hockey sticks for sure!

6. tannngl says:

Can’t call it shopping when it’s required. More like forced obedience.

Only in Obama’s America are we required to purchase health insurance as a way to provide health insurance for the few who don’t have it.

• Mrs AL says:

The term really grit on my nerves, tannngl. “Shopping” does, of course, imply making choices when most people hear the word. FO is, of course, the reality!

Do we live in Obama’s America or do we and like mindeds live elsewhere? Sorry, immediately popped in my head and decided to write it down … hahaha

I think “shopping experience” is a code phrase for monumental disaster. They know it. We know it. They know that we know it. Now they are in turd shining mode.

• Mrs AL says:

I will take another POV, Hardnox. I honestly don’t believe the ‘rank and file’ of the blind followers in government perceive it as a monumental disaster overall. Oh, there are admissions of goof ups, etc. But ultimately, I think it doesn’t phase these folks b/c “it’s the law of the land” and the vast majority of folks like us can be counted on to follow the law!

8. Gar Swaffar says:

Shopping at that GoatRoping Hell Hole is the same as a crackhead “shopping” for crack on the corner. Both are hooked on something. One on drugs, the other on “Free Stuff” (which isn’t free this time)

9. Bullright says:

And if the “shopping experience” is not working-(for lack of similarly clever word) then call customer service. Oh, do they have one of those satisfaction surveys at the end.? Wonder how their refund department works? Back to reality: “cleanup in isle ten.”

10. Grey Neely says:

Perhaps “civil disobedience” (or worse) is the only intelligent reply to this whole mess.

• Mrs AL says:

I can’t disagree at all, Gray! We are in quick sand. We are up to our chins and about to go under. How many people will wake up? Probably not many more than are already awake.