How High?

Conservatives, especially TEA Party conservatives, have taken quite a beating lately. So much so, many have taken to hiding under their desks lest they endure more slings and arrows from energized forces of Statism.

They would do well to remember cost of capitulation, and draw courage from the strength of their convictions. This is not a time for wound licking in corners.

“I don’t measure a man’s success by how high he climbs, but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.” ~ George S. Patton

How high will you bounce?

Dennis P. O’Neil

About Saltwater

Sharing thoughts while scanning life's horizon

8 Responses to How High?

1. And Patton was a prime example of his statement~!

We damn sure could use a LOT more Pattons, and ZERO Boehners.

Were Patton here now, he’d have been relieved of duty, like other military patriots were for their convictions.

4. Mrs AL says:

Excellent reminder, Saltwater!!!

Indeed, we don’t need any shrinking violets in the House or Senate at this point. We really need to have a metaphorical knock down, drag out fight about obamadoesn’tcare, etc.

I am all for calm and rigorous, thoughtful debate. However, I do believe there comes a time when the gloves have got to come off and the bully needs to be confronted without hesitation. We have hit that time in this country, IMHO. Or maybe I am just in a mood — 🙂

5. Buck says:

Okay. Here’s the dea. I’m Navy. My father was Navy. Cousins were Navy. My oldest son was Navy.
    It is my request that my ashes be scattered over the ocean out somewhere NW of Midway Island
    I will be in good company…
    no matter

6. BrianR says:

Well, I do know where my desk is… I’m sitting at it right now.

But I have no idea what it looks like underneath. I’m pretty sure probably everyone who comments here and at other like blogs is pretty much the same.

Good quote. The Right has been conditioned to cower via political correctness. It drives me nuts.

Brian is correct. It is better to die standing on both feet than to cower on bent knee.