John McAfee on healthcare.gov

As engaged citizens, we already knew that the Obama administration had overstepped their bounds when they imposed a doomed-to-failure healthcare bill on us. We were not surprised when their incompetent implementation of the initial signup failed miserably. But there’s another aspect of the debacle that hasn’t received much publicity: the opportunity for identity theft that is present in the overall design of healthcare.gov.

On Fox Business Network’s “Cavuto” on Wednesday, the founder of the computer security software company McAfee, Inc., John McAfee, said that the online component of Obamacare “is a hacker’s wet dream” that will cause “the loss of income for the millions of Americans who are going to lose their identities.

For starters, McAfee said the way it is set up makes it possible for fake websites be set up to fool people to think they’re signing up for Obamacare.

It’s seriously bad,” McAfee said. “Somebody made a grave error, not in designing the program, but in simply implementing the web aspect of it. I mean, for example, anybody can put up a web page and claim to be a broker for this system. There is no central place where I can go and say, ‘OK, here are all the legitimate brokers, the examiners for all of the states and pick and choose one.’

Instead, any hacker can put a website up, make it look extremely competitive, and because of the nature of the system — and this is health care, after all — they can ask you the most intimate questions, and you’re freely going to answer them,” he continued. “What’s my Social Security number? My birth date? What are my health issues?

According to McAfee, there’s not a quick fix — and as long as it set up this way, it could be a playground for computer hackers. “Here’s the problem: It’s not something software can solve,” McAfee continued. “I mean, what idiot put this system out there and did not create a central depository? There should be one website, run by the government, you go to that website and then you can click on all of the agencies. This is insane. So, I will predict that the loss of income for the millions of Americans who are going to lose their identities — I mean, you can imagine some retired lady in Utah, who has $75,000 dollars in the bank, saving her whole life, having it wiped out in one day because she signed up for Obamacare. And believe me; this is going to happen millions of times. This is a hacker’s dream. I mean I cannot believe that they did this.

So, let’s look at what we now know: an expert in software security and defense against identity theft states, without equivocation, that the healthcare.gov design is an invitation to identity thieves to steal the identities (and assets) of scores of unsuspecting citizens who are simply trying to do what the law requires them to do.

Once more, the inept incompetence of the Obama administration and their disdain for this country’s citizens is exposed for all to see.

H/T to my friend Rock P. for sending this to me.

Tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to John McAfee on healthcare.gov

Good stuff, Garnet. This is a nightmare on steroids. It’s going to hit old people the worst, I think, because many of them are too trusting, but they need the health care. Thanks to the creep-in-chief, they could lose everything.

• Garnet92 says:

Thanks Kathy, but I’m thinking that there may be another nefarious scheme behind the (apparently) amateurish programming allowing hackers easy access.

See my comment reply to Mrs AL. I replied to her comment first, and didn’t want to just copy/paste it in my reply to you.

It’s a sorry state in our country when one can honestly, truthfully, suspect that our national government could stoop to such lowlife activities – but this one do.

2. Mrs AL says:

Sooo, why am I not hearing this all over the news? This should be front and center. Assuming this is all true, then the national government would be itself guilty of identity theft. Oh wait, E Hold’em won’t do anything.

• Garnet92 says:

Thanks Mrs, here is something else I just thought of, and it follows in the flavor of Obama’s thinking, all the hackers need is a list of old folk’s email addresses to email something that “looks official,” inviting them to sign up at a special-senior-access site designed to make applying easy and painless.

Many old folks will fall for it and consequently, not get signed up for the real thing. That will reduce the number of old folks burdening the system with old folk’s high dollar medical bills.

Where might the hackers get those old folk’s email addresses? HHS maybe?

• Kathy says:

Oh holy crap, I hadn’t thought along those lines, but you could be right, considering who we’re dealing with here. When a person can leave Americans to die in Benghazi, a few (or a lot) old people mean nothing.

Good post. The 12 heads of Medusa are just now beginning to sprout. In the meantime, the lemmings continue to cheer.

4. Garnet92 says:

Thanks Nox. I don’t know about only twelve, Obama has already selected more venomous snakes than that to his cabinet and important positions. And the result has been to intimidate so many so-called Republicans into rock-hard submission – I guess that he has been successful at SOMETHING, eh?

• Hardnox says:

If memory serves… in Greek mythology when only one head was cut off 12 more grew back in its stead. Many of the R’s are bent on fixing this mess. The only way to fix it is to cut off Medusa’s head.

5. Saltwater says:

Now, add in the backup layer to where frustrated ‘applicants’ are directed as the website flounders – call centers manned by “navigators” – unscreened persons, some (many? most?) of whom have spotty records with regard to criminal history. Top to bottom, end to end, pillar to post, the system is rife with opportunity for fraud and theft.

6. Bobbie Kelley says:

It’s already started according to Mike Huckabee. On his radio show today he was telling about scumbags who are creating false Government ID’s as self appointed ‘navigators’ ready to take the unsuspecting for a ride they certainly won’t want to go on.

• Garnet92 says:

If the scumbags are as adept at scamming as our current administration, they’ll abscond with the old folk’s funds and have the old folks thanking them for the favor.

Unfortunately, the old folks aren’t too big to fail (like the big banks and GM) so they’ll just have to suffer – and when they find out they’ve been fleeced and go into cardiac arrest, only then will they find that they have no healthcare coverage.

Problem solved – one less old person sucking up all of the medical resources. What a plan – Obama is truly a genius.

Thanx for visiting, B!

Real simple. Do your patriotic duty, and engage in acts of civil disobedience. Starve the beast. Screw them, and their websites.