Contrast then and now

Something about carrying those barricades to the White House got me thinking. I can’t see how the MSM can criticize it after seeing those videos of organized peaceful protest. But they do.

Anyway, this Occupant is the fellow traveler that loves to mention, frequently now on cue, president Reagan. But Reagan said “Mr, Gorbachev, tear down this wall.” Then people attacked the wall, showing all the pictures and protestors.

Now we see Obama selectively shutting down the government, closing the Vets’ WWII memorial – which he had zero grounds for – and trying to inflict pain on people. Here’s Obama erecting and building walls.

It’s ironic that the ordeal is over closing and barricading the WWII memorial, under Obama’s watchful and spiteful eye.
[Source Washington pics]

Berlin — building the wall.

Source Time pics

Famous Words
Reagan used the setting in front of the Brandenburg Gate in West Berlin to address Mikhail Gorbachev, the Soviet leader, in a speech that included the plea: “Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall.”

Berlin

America
Snipers at the ready atop the White House as the crowds gather, 2013.

Mr. Obama, tear down this wall!

It isn’t over. In December will be the Pearl Harbor commemoration. How will that look for the divider in chief?

Reagan Sec of State, George Shultz: “I guess the point I’m making here is that ideas matter a lot, the underlying ideas that stand behind policies. When you don’t have ideas, your policies are flip-flopping all over the place. When you do have ideas, you have more consistency. And when you have the right ideas — then you can get somewhere.”

Tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Contrast then and now

1. Picture of the snipers atop the WH is chilling beyond belief. I feel like someone just walked (Tromped?) all over my grave.

2. Buck says:

Harbinger of things to come, Grouchy.

Excellent comparison, Bull, one I hadn’t thought of before. Reagan was about tearing down walls and obama is all about putting them up to punish people. The very people without whom, he wouldn’t be where he is today.

I think Buck is right – there are more to come.

4. Bullright says:

It keeps coming…. and its aimed right at us. I’m offended every time he mentions Reagan.

5. Mrs AL says:

The pot is boiling. Question is whether it will boil over and enact real change, or if we the people will allow the fire to be extinguished.

Obama working RIGHT out of the communist playbook. Slap the next liberal you see.

Great post Bullright. The pics were great.

Reagan he isn’t. Never will be either. His only comparison is to Lincoln and only because he too was a skinny lawyer. It ends there.

The man is a full fledged embarrassment to this country.

The truth is that there are always snipers on the WH roof BUT usually not that visible. They were definitely visible to make a statement.

• Bullright says:

You hit the nail on the head. He’s no Reagan. But Reagan would never carry water for the Mo-Bro agenda. I guess when they think tea parties, right-wingers and vets are terrorists they react visibly, not so much concern in Benghazi.