Please Remember USS Cole DDG 67 – Oct. 12, 2000

Please take a moment to remember our fallen brothers and sisters that made the ultimate sacrifice.

“Never Give up – Never Surrender”

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Please Remember USS Cole DDG 67 – Oct. 12, 2000

1. You Shall Be Avenged.

2. myfoxmystere says:

If memory serves me right, that was the incident in Yemen where a muslim terrorist group launched an attack on the ship. I also believe the one woman who lost her life was an only child from a military family in Southern California, but I could be mistaken on that.

A very sad day I will never forget. I remember the first time I saw that hole in the side of the ship, I cried. We are racking up too many of these ‘never forget’ incidents.

4. myfoxmystere says:

Kathy, you’re right that we’re racking up too many of these Never Forget incidents. And with 0bama as the bungler in Chief, we’ll lose unnecessary lives because he doesn’t have a spine or clue on how to keep our nation safe.

And Hardnox, when I hear of a woman dying in the line of duty, it really sends a sickening chill throughout my body and soul.

5. Saltwater says:

I remember a dour faced Bill Clinton proclaiming,”We will find out who was responsible and hold them accountable.” Then – – nothing.
    Swayed by objections to Defense Secretary William Cohen’s call for decisive retaliatory action, objections led in no small part by Secretary of State Madeleine Halfbright, Clinton decided any military response two weeks before an election might hurt the candidacy of Algore.
    Politics before principles – It’s the Democrat way.

• Saltwater says:

On an unrelated, and totally inappropriate side matter: When I first noted the phrase, “Never Give up – Never Surrender” on the site masthead, and again with this post, I could not help but hear the voice of Tim Allen as Jason Nesmith, the actor, portraying CDR Quincy Taggart on ‘Galaxy Quest’. Is that wrong?

• Hardnox says:

Indeed it is. I remember that well. We can always count on the left to do the wrong thing since they have no principles other then serving themselves which is why I almost hurl each time they wrap themselves in the Flag, mostly for photo-ops.

I also recall the only reason that the Cole was there was to prop up the Yemeni economy and purchase fuel there despite the fact that we had a tanker nearby. We were there for all the wrong reasons.

6. Buck says:

When will we learn to just forget about that part of the world and leave them to their medieval mentalities? We should just cut off all commerce, close all embassies, honor no passports, governments or ‘refugees’ from that region and ship back all the ‘students’ and ‘refugees’ here not already given citizenship.
    Forget ’em and if they screw with us our retaliation should be of a swift and sure nature and leave their country of origin a glass parking lot.

• Hardnox says:

Can’t disagree with your sentiments. A great many of us have simply had enough of those barbarians. What they do understand is brutal force. The glass would keep the dust down.

Well, we can remember them, for sure, BUT, with the assholes that pass as “leaders” today, retribution is but a wet dream.