UPDATED: Day 2: Truckers Ride into Washington DC

I’m seeing lots of reports of heavy rain that’s putting a damper on things, but the truckers are driving around in it anyway.

There’s also several posts about some 48-60 ‘rogue’ drivers who broke away and are cruising around the Pentagon and some of the memorials.

I495 traffic cam

I found this one on Twitter taken this morning.

truckers near capitol

I’d say they’re getting pretty close!

truckers on 495 n hemming rd

This may be a repeat from yesterday??

More to come later….

Kathy

~~~~~~

Updated 4:00 pm CST

Day 2 pace car

The unofficial ‘Pace Car’

Day 2 red white blue

Red, White and Blue Trucks to match Old Glory

Day 2 more coming

More on their way in and the following is the story from one of the trucker’s wives in above trucks.

“There is a ton of good ones (pictures) going up on the net from people taking them from the roadside.  It’s impossible to get them from inside the truck. It’s rainy and nasty!

We are getting harassed by the police.  Pulled over three times.

Impeding traffic. One guy got a ticket for doing 39 in a minimum 40… In wet, rainy weather.

They pulled one of the pickups over and ticketed him for not having a medical card. He doesn’t need a medical card! He’s not a commercial driver..

We all pull over when one gets pulled over and lay on our air horns.

They are making stuff up.

We are going to fight all tickets. The guy with the 39 ticket had a dash cam showing him doing 41.

We are going to eat right now. Tired and hungry. Been on the road since 5:30.

Hoping someone can give me a count tonight… We have at least 50 with us.”

~Kathy

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to UPDATED: Day 2: Truckers Ride into Washington DC

1. Thanks, Kathy – YOU ROCK, Lady~!

2. upaces88 says:

What an amazing sight!!!

3. upaces88 says:

This is the way to do it….in Mass….a Peaceful Protest!!!
    This is NOT what Obama was aiming for. The man has all of us all wrong.
    He describes Americans with their guns and their Bibles in their hands.
    OUR VOICES ARE MUCH MIGHTIER THAN THAT!
    The Truckers stood up for all of us!

• Kathy says:

They’ve maintained all along, even when being ticketed, their intent was to keep it peaceful. We still have all day tomorrow, but I’d bet they get ignored by most of the congress critters and the prez.

Thanks for putting this post up. It’s been a heavy drizzle here all day. So much for the sunny forecast. The news media is virtually mum about it… as expected.

Glad to see the slow-rolling blockades. Once they gave up the silly-assed notion of “arresting” Congress, and the BECS, deservedly as it is,I figured they would do well.

• Clyde, that notion of arresting Congress was the wild hair of a screwball idiot. It was NOT in any manner in the original intent of the organizers. Maybe Kathy can pull that off the FB page. I don’t have that access. But FireWire has a story on it, as does Freedom Outpost ( I THINK ) My Memory is a tad shaky on these sources. But there was NO original intent for arresting CongressCritters. WHICH is not to say it shouldn’t happen, in the future~!

6. myfoxmystere says:

I wonder what will hairball reid poof out of his buttcheeks when he rips another loud fart to the media. In fact, how sharp a pain did Chrissy Matthews feel up his L’eggs when these things went down?

Ok, guys, let me clarify something I failed to mention at the beginning – and my apologies for the omission.

There are TWO groups of truckers driving in and around DC – one is the group under the name of Truckers Riding for the Constitution and the other is a group called Truckers to Shut Down America.

The second group, who have condensed their name to T2SDA, are the ones who originally were going to DC with attitude and handcuffs, intent on arresting (citizen arrest) members of Congress. Someone convinced them to cool their jets, and they’ve since settled down.

From what I’ve seen, both groups are behaving in a respectful and law-abiding way, so no worries about scuffles happening in DC, at least for now.

Again, my apologies for not letting you know that from the get-go.

8. Blessed B. says:

What a beautiful sight to see! Let’s pray real hard that the crummy weather will stop for them!

9. bullright says:

Just looking to see if there are any Swat style vehicles showing up. I wonder if black helicopters are out. I like those gas price signs. I hope they drive that point home.

Thanks for following this Kathy. You are one of the few sources that seem to be.