DOT Plans use of National Guard to close I-495 Capital Beltway tomorrow?

Gestapo Government?

From Redstate:

Sources within the Department of Transportation have revealed that their plan to use National Guard resources to close federally funded Interstate Route 495, circling the nation’s capital, have been approved by unknown White House officials and will be implemented on Friday morning, October 11, in order to thwart the three day Trucker slowdown announced on the Capitol Beltway starting that date, using the federal government shutdown as justification.

The National Guard resources to be used to thwart the truckers will include rifle toting National Guardsmen called up from units that will be coming in from Maryland, Pennsylvania and Virginia.  They will use Guardsmen on foot and using trucks, jeeps and armored vehicles, which will be stationed at all entrance ramps to the Beltway to block incoming traffic starting early Friday morning.

Calls to both the White House and the Department of Transportation to confirm this story were not answered at press time.  Unless an announcement is made in advance, it appears the first notice of this new White House plan to punish House GOP members who have cited their Constitutional authority to approve – or not approve – all spending proposed by the White House and their Democratic allies in the Senate, will be early Friday morning.

Our DOT sources point to their Department’s website as justification for the paucity of information and our inability to confirm this story in advance, where they state, “during the government shutdown, some online content may not be updated on a regular basis…”

These sources at the Department of Transportation have advised off the record that the DOT proposal included the confident belief that the Capitol Beltway shutdown will successfully achieve the twin goals of thrwarting the trucker protest scheduled for a three day period starting on Friday, as well as deal another punishing blow to what they call “the crazy wing of the GOP” which refuses to capitulate to their demands to approve a budget that includes Obamacare funding.

Protesting “the corruption that is destroying America,” the “Truckers Ride for the Constitution” aims to tie up two of the three lanes of Interstate 495 circling the nation’s capital, with big rigs traveling no faster than the legal limit in two of the three lanes, an organizer told U.S. News & World Report.  Fox TV news reported that they expect 10,000 or more truckers to continuously circle the beltway for the three day weekend, effectively shutting it down except for the third, passing lane they will allow for emergency vehicles.

The truckers hoped to enlist sympathetic motorists and will allow them to pass their slowed trucks if they display a sign on their car with the letters T2SDA which means “Truckers to Shut Down America,” their original name.  Other sources connected to the truckers state that they will do nothing illegal, but had planned only to drive at the minimum legal speed limit, which would in fact tie up traffic around the busy interstate.

“Since Interstate 495 is clearly a federal roadway,” report our DOT sources, and “the federal government is now closed because of the crazy House of Representatives Republicans, it is within the purview of the federal government to add it to the list of government properties that are closed and may not be used by citizens.”

While the planned 495 roadway shutdown by National Guardsmen this Friday is presently planned to coincide with the three day truckers protest, another DOT proposal suggests that the White House has the authority to extend the highway shutdown past the proposed three day closure, and to other federally funded Interstate Highways, such as I-95 and I-66 in Northern Virginia.

—oo—

Is this a test run for martial law?  If it happens, you bet it is.

Closing Interstates?  So this is the “Hope & Change” that was promised.  Great!  The fact that this action is even considered is beyond the pale.  The truckers are attempting to make a point by exercising their First Amendment Rights but the administration is clearly against this demonstration.

Having national Guardsmen pointing rifles at truckers should make a great visual.  I wonder where the media will be on this one as it will be too big to ignore.

If the truckers planned to shut down only two lanes then maybe shutting down everything by the gestapo government will be better.  It will certainly highlight how desperate these asshats are in their attempts to cling to power and impose their dictatorial rule on the rest of us.

It is crystal clear that our government is not “of the people” but rather “against the people”.

Where are the pitchforks?  I reckon that there will be many soon.  We’re getting close to Crunch Time.

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to DOT Plans use of National Guard to close I-495 Capital Beltway tomorrow?

1. I wonder how many of the Guardsmen will actually follow through???

• Hardnox says:

My thought as well. I’m guessing most of them since they need the paycheck. Naturally the NG units would be fed some crap about national security of something to legitimize the action. This could turn out really bad.

This could be of epic proportion, if it’s true. InfoWars is also carrying the story and the Truckers are saying it’s a BS story meant to dissuade them from coming. Here’s their comment from my FB page, where I shared this story.

“Mike Helms This just in—->
    Truckers Ride For The Constitution
    The following is my reply to Paul Joseph Watson at Infowars. Infowars has chosen to go against this legal protest. Infowars has refused to work with the organizers of this event and are now lowering themselves to propaganda. The trucker protest is on!! Please do not be fooled by information coming out of the Alex Jones camp.

Dear Mr. Watson while we appreciate your interest in our story we would appreciate it even further if you reported correctly. To the reader of this article: The Virginia State Police are working closely with our organization and have assured us that no such orders to the National Guard exist. The protest moves forward. Lt. James De Ford whom we are working very closely with assured ridefortheconstitution.org early this morning that the ride was within the legal rights of the people and the government nor local or state law enforcement have no plans to intervene. The National guard has NOT been called in and I495 and the Beltway will be open to the protesters as planned. Mr. Watson if you want to report on this story please report it correctly. You can reach me directly here: media@ridefortheconstitution.org .. Please print a retraction and contact us for further coverage. Thank you.”

If they do enlist the National Guard and try to pull this off, this could be where the SHTF. Crunch time, indeed. I guess we’re about to find out.

• Hardnox says:

Wow, that’s an interesting turn of events. The administration is obviously attempting a disinformation program.

Yep, we’ll find out real soon.

Thanks for the info Kathy.

• Blessed B. says:

Infowars…figures! Has Alex gotten anything right when he’s made predictions that this or that will happen…NO! Conspiracy theories…… he’s as bad as Sorcha Faal!

• Hardnox says:

In fairness Jones nabbed it from the same place I did.

Disinformation is at play here.

• Saltwater says:

Not disinformation – Sarcasm. Although not clear in his original post, the author did explain his intent under the comments section at Redstate.

Glenn Ryt wrote
          I’d like to remind all that most people accept the idea of the Nuremburg trials, that one cannot simply execute orders that came from on high, if those orders are just flat out wrong and immoral. Further, the oath of office for those serving in the military, is to obey all lawful orders. In any event, I hope you have noticed by now, that this post was, in major part, a satire, and that there are no actual DOT or White House plans to close I-495. At least, none that we’ve found so far.

• Kathy says:

Thanks for the info, Saltwater, but in this day and age, and with the actions of our current POS, I would have to say this author did himself a great disservice by putting this ‘satire/sarcasm’ out there, particularly at this point in time.

Satire is generally exaggerated and intended to ridicule, while sarcasm on the other hand is designed to cut or give pain. His story was alarming.

When several news and blog sites picked this up as the gospel, I’d say he won’t be trusted with future posts.

I don’t mean to kill the messenger here, and I will pass on my thoughts, but today, posts like that are in no way satirical or sarcastic, but they could be reputation killers.

• Saltwater says:

I agree completely, Kathy. The a ‘author’ did not only a great disservice to his own reputation but, because it was picked up as gospel by others, it can have the effect of impugning the reputations of other, more responsible bloggers. The left just loves to run with stories of whacko right wing dolts taken in by false stories.

Satire – even brutal, too close to the truth satire has its place, and can be produced without causing such alarm. There are several fine examples by one of your own contributors, Garnet92. I have enjoyed his work since many of us wrote at Townhall. He is always very careful to clearly identify a post as satire, usually in the title.

• Kathy says:

Exactly, he hurt Infowars, who’s reputation is questionable at times anyway. I was just there and they’re getting bashed right and left. No author over there will ever trust Red State again. There is too much demand for the truth right now to ever put out a piece like that and not warn people. The author thought he was clever and cute – he was not.

You’re SO right about Garnet – he nails it every time and leaves me with my sides hurting – now THAT is satire. Again, thanks for the info and the visit – always appreciated.

All these truckers have to do is drive through there at about oh, 2nd gear. There isn’t enough heavy wreckers, NOR NG units to move ten thousand trucks. A slow roll blockade would be ideal.

4. Buck says:

Good time to find out how the Guardsmen honor their oath to the Constitution…
    Are they with them? Or are they with us???

Gonna be an interesting day tomorrow.
    I can’t wait !

6. myfoxmystere says:

I had a sense that 0bama and his thugs were planning on closing all interstate and US highways to traffic when they were getting desperate, and all entrances to them. You can bet they will do this to every highway in all 50 states when they get desperate. Along with it, I have this bad sense that they will not even allow emergency vehicles to use the highways under all cricumstances including life and death situations. An example of a bad scenario can be like this: if US Highway 101 were to be closed, highways like Pacific Coast Highway which is California state highway 1 could also be blocked off where it merges with US highway 101 & all residents on Hwy 101 could be blocked out of their homes…and where I-5 Meets PCH to go to San Diego, the road can be shut down. I’ll have to blog this hypothetical scenario on my blogs to show what can possibly happen. I won’t put it past 0bama to terrorize the nation with this.

• My Fox, I would hope that he would be curtailed and incarcerated for high crimes and misdemeanors prior to this happening. THAT SAID, I would not put it past him to attempt to do so.

7. Blessed B. says:

Since we now know that this piece was not intended to be the truth….. if it does come about cuz HE thinks it’s a great idea….. All the truckers have to do is refuse to haul anything into DC! No Food, No toilet paper, Nada, zip, zilch! Boycott DC! Nothing goes in and nothing goes out!

Freedom Outpost has an article dispelling other disinformation :

9. myfoxmystere says:

Well gang, I did put up a post regarding a mock scenario of what could happen if 0bama and Hairball were to launch a nasty attack against us. It’s on my blog http://mysteresmoonbatslayerclub.blogspot.com. My WordPress site http://myfoxmystere.wordpress.com has a link to it.