When is “ENOUGH~!” Going to be “ENOUGH~! ~?”

Political Outcast” has the story on this piece of Americana gone awry.

High Schooler Arrested And Suspended For Having Fishing Supplies In His Car

Posted 11 hours ago by Philip Hodges

Cody Chitwood apparently loves fishing. He says he fishes once a week, sometimes twice a week. What he probably didn’t think about, however, is that his fishing supplies were considered weapons, and were therefore not allowed inside his school’s “safety zone.” Weapons like knives used to scale and gut fish.

Officials at Lassiter High School in Cobb County, Georgia have police perform drug searches in the parking lot once or twice a year using drug-sniffing dogs. When they came to Chitwood’s ’98 beamer, the drug dog alerted probably due to black powder residue found from some left over July 4th firecrackers. That was enough for them to search the entire car, which turned up a tackle box in the trunk containing three knives. There was also a butterfly knife in the driver side door pocket.

The Marietta Daily Journal reported:

“I enjoy fishing. I go fishing probably once a week, sometimes twice a week,” said Chitwood, who has been suspended for 10 days by Lassiter Principal Chris Richie. “I just forgot that it was in there. I had my fishing poles in the car, too.” He was charged with carrying a weapon in a school safety zone, which is a felony in Georgia. Chitwood said that no drugs or other contraband were found in his car. School officials do not talk about individual disciplinary cases but zero-tolerance laws are strictly enforced. The random K-9 searches of student parking lots are done at least once or twice a year at all Cobb high schools. “The cop and the administrators, they basically told me, ‘You’re going to be in a lot of trouble,’” Chitwood said. “They were pretty nice, but the K-9 unit guy wasn’t really very nice.” Chitwood said the campus officer and the administrators told him, “Instead of making a scene out of you, we’ll put a warrant out for you and you can turn yourself in at the jail.’” He turned himself in Sept. 18 and was released later the same day after posting bond of $1,000 plus $320 in fees.

Seventeen-year-old Chitwood had hopes of joining the Air Force after high school, but with a felony on his record, that could prove problematic to say the least. Now his parents have had to hire a lawyer to represent their son to see if they can get the felony charge dropped. If he’s prosecuted and convicted, he could face anywhere from 2 to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine. All because he left his fishing supplies in his car at school.

Georgia’s considered a “red” state. But I don’t know what that even means anymore. Red as in Red China?
(Emphasis mine. G F )

~ ~ oOo ~ ~

Scott Allman had a wonderful comment. ” i guess half my high school would have been suspended. shot guns in the racks, tackle in the trunk, hell i carried a buck knife in my pocket every day “

And I’ve seen racked rifles and shotguns in pickup trucks at the local high school, just a few years back. And I, personally, forgot my own rifle was in the car, when I drove to school, after target shooting in a local stream bed, back in 1960.

Thanks, obummer.

This man has it right: ” Welcome to the land of INSANITY!! Ever since we’ve had this Muslim imposter as president in the White House, this country has gone to hell in a hand basket.
Here’s a little something of interest for everyone: Print in capital letters the following: PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA. As you go along, cross out the letters. Here’s the example it will spell out. . .”An Arab Backed Imposter”. How’s that America! Probably an NSA or FBI patriot decoder figured this out. ” RichardM73

One REALLY Ticked off ~ ~ Grouchy ~ ~

Tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to When is “ENOUGH~!” Going to be “ENOUGH~! ~?”

1. upaces88 says:

I will never forget this. When Bush was speaking of the “Trickle Down Effect”… he was referring to the economy.
    Obama has adulterated that phrase and twisted it until it is FUBAR.

The Obama “Trickle Down Effect” is:
    Corruption in D.C.
    Working everyday to destroy America from within:
    Economically,
    Spiritually,
    A National Psychological Depression
    Racism has NEVER been as evil as it is now with Blacks shooting little white babies in the face; rape and violence for no reason other than “hate.”
    He spreads fear, rage and severe anxiety to an entire country.

2. Upaces, you have him pegged Perfectly~! And don’t forget the “Trayvon” revenge. Purposely setting at naught the principles of the Bill of Rights.
    Thank You for stopping by~!

• upaces88 says:

From about 1989 to 1992, I worked for the City of Dallas. I did NOT have a racist bone in my body; However, THEY CHANGED MY MIND (“they” being the blacks.”)
      I trained them; then moved on to the Police Department; Office of Personnel to teach them how to do background checks on all potential black police officers.

I mean this with all of my heart. I worked so damn hard trying to communicate with them…, teach them their jobs…all the flack I got back…I actually believed they must be “mentally retarded.” They spent more time tricking me, making me explain the same things over and over again.”.UNTIL I CAUGHT ON!”

I was pushed so hard and continued to be patient to repeat myself over and over again…until one of them let the cat out of the bag. THEY WERE WANTING ME TO LOSE IT SO THEY COULD SCREAM “RACISM”.

Finally one day I did when one of them had me pinned in my chair and no way to get out of her way. I felt so intimidated that I picked up my stapler and yelled: “IF you don’t get out of my fuckin’ face”, I am going to smash in your teeth!”
      ——-
      The roof came down in hoops, hollers and applause from the police officers for in the adjacent room who had been listening to me and finally standing up to them!

3. Mrs AL says:

It’s never going to be enough, Grouchy, until parents take the bull by the horns and tell these school districts to fly a kite. It’s unfortunate to say the least. Poor kid.

Like others, my husband person told me that when he was in high school and it was hunting season, many of the kids (mostly male) brought their rifles or shotguns to school and put them in their lockers. After school they went hunting.

• When I worked on the Refuge, same thing, Mrs AL,,, Small town, no crime, and we were less than 30 miles from the Reservation~! Nary a problem. Thanks to the Libs, All hell is out for noon~!

As if it weren’t bad enough to ruin this young man’s future, the cops don’t have the common sense to see it for what it is and simply let it go. It was a drug search and they didn’t find any. Shut the trunk and move on.

5. Rich B says:

I can see/hear the new progressive anti-fishing/gun slogan as I type – “Use a hook, go to jail”

I always thought the hilarious movie “Idiocracy” was satire. Now…. thanks to progressives it’s become reality.

• Lots of changes in a few years, eh, Buddy? Such a damn shame, too.
      Thanks for the comment, Rich,,, sad that it’s all too true~!
      Sometimes, I wish we weren’t always so spot-on, eh???

6. vonmesser says:

When I was a kid n school EVERY Boy Scout and Cub Scout carried their scout knife on a spring clip on our belt. The Cubs carried theirs on the left side, usually hanging out so everyone could see we had a scout knife. Most of the Boy Scouts carried theirs on the right side, and placed so you could see the brass clip, but the knife hung inside the right pocket. The Girl Scouts were soooo jealous.

7. MickeyG says:

To paraphrase Chief Joseph of the Nez Perce, “From where the sun now stands, I will fight them all forever.”

Semper Fi

8. Buck says:

Once again the kid is being punished because the grown ups don’t get off their asses and do something about an ever over reaching government at every level..

9. Buck says:

Yeah and now if, on the school playground, you point your finger and say, “Bang, bang!” you will be suspended for a few days.
    It’s just ridiculous.

This is beyond absurd. Where the hell are the adults in Law Enforcement and in School Administration? Are they this desperate for 15 minutes of fame?

Where is the outrage from the parents? Where is the outrage from prosecutors that have enough cases with real bad guys?

• Good point on the prosecutors, ‘Nox. The focus has been on school administrators and police. But they don’t sent the cases to court – The prosecutors do. Thanks for bringing that out~!