The Discussion Zone – Oct. 4, 2013

It is my opinion that we need to unravel the sweater (more like straight jacket) that is the national government.

Sweater

(dawnprickett.blogspot.com)

What I would like to know are your thoughts as to WHAT is the thread that needs to be pulled to unravel the mess?  There must be one thread that could be pulled that would start the process.

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to The Discussion Zone – Oct. 4, 2013

1. Simple. If it is not authorized by the Constitution, (and that does not include authorization via some long and winding road from one court decision, to another, to another, to another, to another by which time the decision says 2+2= turquoise), then dump it immediately.
    No need for a debt limit debate next week, as we immediately have a large surplus.

2. Buck says:

Class action lawsuits based on the Constitutionality of the issue?

I don’t have a suggestion because Harry and Barry think it’s a game. They’re playing and they don’t care what happens to the country or the people, so long as they win.

Crawfish’s solution sounds good, except how are you going to overturn the Supreme Court’s ‘tax’ decision? Our whole judicial system has turned into a nightmare.

Buck’s is good too, except that this administration delays and ignores law suits brought against it. There again, the judicial system is so screwed up it makes it easy for them to skate.

4. Mrs AL says:

Appreciate your inputs Crawfish, Buck and Kathy. I am still munging on this myself.

5. Saltwater says:

I fear, Mrs AL, there is no single thread upon which to tug.
    Crawfish rightfully outlined the circuitous route through the legal “system” by which the abrogation of our basic rights and Constitutional protections are codified into law.
    Over decades, the problem before us has grown so convoluted, your sweater analogy no longer applies — think Gordian Knot. And, much like that fabled knot, the only sure method of solution involves hacking and cutting though the various layers.
    Sometimes finesse must give way to force.

6. bullright says:

I’d say any one that is loose. And there are plenty. (new ones all the time) There is methodology to that. See, every time people thought it was this or that thread that would do it, we were wrong. Benghazi is the latest. So I go for any dangling one, simultaneously. There has to be a point when even he and his media darlings can’t stop or repair it fast enough, I do like your analogy.

7. Mrs AL says:

Perhaps, Saltwater and Bullright, you are right. Perhaps it’s enough that there are so many dangling threads that it’s a matter of pulling forcefully on all of them at once. Hmmm … Wonder if in fact that isn’t happening now? Pull enough threads and the pine cones won’t be able to crochet the holes shut all at once. Interesting!