I Got Your Shutdown Right Here, Sonnyboy !

Several Republican members of Congress removed barricades from the World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C. on Monday and escorted veterans onto the grounds that were legally closed because of the government shutdown.

More on this with pictures HERE

...And Thank You Vets !

…And Thank You Vets !

Tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to I Got Your Shutdown Right Here, Sonnyboy !

1. upaces88 says:

I REALLLY LIKE THAT WOMAN!

One of the Vets said “It’s all open…why not just let people walk around?” Yeah, why not???? Stupid government – you wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for them!

Thank you, Michelle, et al, who let these guys have their day.

3. randy63ism says:

Please, oh please Rep. Bachmann, please reconsider your decision to not run for another term, and thank you for giving me something positive and good to think about on a rather dreary day. And thank you Terry for posting this. 🙂

4. There was a Parks Policeman who also let a group from Gulfport, MS in, after having flown in on a charter flight.
    His comment??? “I’m a veteran, myself.”
    Patriotism is like a Submarine,,, Run Silent, Run Deep, Run DEADLY~!
    Thanks, Terry, for this post.
    I simply admire, adore and respect to the utmost, Ms. Rep. Michelle Bachmann.

5. upaces88 says:

Do you realize there are only two people who stood up in public announcing:
    No more Muslims in the WH; and ban Sharia Law in the U.S.
    It was Michelle Bachman and New Gingrich.

right behind them came Cain and Romney — both placating to the Muslims.
    ;
    MICHELLE BACHMAN IS HELL ON WHEELS!!!

Good for them. I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for democrats to do something like that. They’d just tell’em go home, and come back when the republicans quit acting like children.

• Terry says:

THAT is the absolute friggin’ truth Clyde !

• Blessed B. says:

I agree Clyde! I wouldn’t depend on the Dems doing that for the WWII vets! They’d pass the buck onto someone else and before we know it… all those older vets would have had heat and sunstroke before they got in to see the Memorial!

Good for Michelle Bachmann! I like her and sure hope to doesn’t just fade away into the woodwork…. We need more like her!!