A-Maze-ing New Healthcare Plan!

As the date nears for the implementation of “Obamacare” via the State exchanges, I thought it important for us to discuss what lies ahead from the Citizen point of view. So I am kicking off the discussion:

I am not an economist, physician, or anything that the world would consider an expert relative to this discussion.  And that is exactly wrong.  I am a Citizen of my State and of the United States of America.  Therefore, I am a patient/potential patient in the healthcare system.  I am the target of this, after all. And so are you.

Following is a flow chart from the IntellectualTakeout blog.

(You can learn more about them Here )

Flowchart

What is your reaction to the chart?  Do you suspect it is incorrect because it is published by the “Joint Economic Committee – Republican” group?   Then please tell me where it is incorrect.

Are you somewhat overwhelmed (like me)?  Can’t even read the chart?  Fair enough.  Here is the original.  (Scroll down and review all the information.  Comment if something stands out for you.)

And what does it mean for you?  For your family, friends, neighbors, etc.?   The first thought that comes to mind for me is stress.  As we struggle with this new system, it may be very stressful for the majority of us.

And what affect does stress have on your health?  Here are just 2 links for starters:

Phases of Stress from the Cleveland Clinic and How Stress Feeds Cancer Cells from Forbes.com

And stress is just one consequence as “Obamacare” is implemented.

One more thought and then it’s your turn … it is my opinion that no one looking at this chart can ever figure out where they fit.  That’s because you don’t fit in the chart.  You are a mere cog in a government program designed to give the national government more power over you as an individual.  And if you think for even one second that those who voted for this legislation and signed it into law care whether you live or die, think again.  (Unless, of course. you are related to or have personal connection to the President or one of the Democrats who voted in favor of the “Obamacare” legislation.)

So what do you think?  It is not necessary to comment on the perception I hold.  What is important is your take.

> A Thank-you to the Friends here at ‘Nox and Friends for their input.

Tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to A-Maze-ing New Healthcare Plan!

1. Buck says:

Looks more like the schematic to a 1950 Motorola TV…

Excellent post, Mrs. Al. Take a bow. It was DESIGNED to be confusing. Shit, the libs pushing this scam don’t even know all of it. Hence, why so many are abandoning ship on it.

• Mrs AL says:

And thank you, Clyde. I think I go with those who believe the real goal is one-payer. So maybe the confusion is by design such that everyone would throw up their hands and accept one-payer.

3. bullright says:

It’s overwhelming. I like the title, it fits.Many people will need anti-anxiety medication after viewing it. Maybe they should post it on the walls of all medical offices and hospitals. Let people see the system they are working with.

I agree that stress level — and the intimidation — are going to do a number. But if you can somehow get by that…the sticker shock of the whole thing will knock you on your keister .

• Mrs AL says:

The “Friends” really did a good job on that, eh? Stress, intimidation and sticker shock. Ain’t a pretty picture is it? Thank for stopping in and commenting, Bullright.

4. Bill Baldwin says:

That looks like a fluster cluck.

I’m sure everyone is aware that the House passed a CR that defunds obummercare, but it’s not looking too good in the Senate. A bill will also be introduced to repeal the health care act and replace it with something better, or different, or something. I haven’t read the bill.

The white house is claiming people are already getting refunds, but since the market doesn’t open up until Oct. 1, I’m not sure how anyone is saving money yet.

I was playing around on the subsidy calculator here : http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/#income-type=dollars&income=15080&employer-coverage=0&people=1&adult-count=1&adults%5B0%5D%5Bage%5D=21&adults%5B0%5D%5Btobacco%5D=0&child-count=0&child-tobacco=0

and there’s a check box for smoker or not. If you’re a smoker, it will add more than $1,500 to your health insurance coverage, that is not subsidized (for 21 year olds). While this may look like a good thing (hey, who needs to be smoking [I do]), what’s to stop them from adding another category, such a sugary drinks, potato chips, beef, etc.? I remember a long time ago, coffee was supposed to be a bad thing, then coffee was good, then it was bad, not it’s good, but not as good as it used to be (damn climate change).

I had some roommates one time that thought this free insurance was a good thing. I pointed out to the girl roommate that since I paid the electric bill, I would replace her light bulbs with 40 watt bulbs to save me some money, she got the drift pretty quick, she drinks lots of Dr. Pepper. My ex-wife drinks lots of Dr. Pepper, too. They’re both crazy, I think something’s wrong with Dr. Pepper.

• Bill Baldwin says:

forgot to add. Under the healthcare law, the IRS doesn’t have the authority to collect the fines if you refuse to participate. The loophole is, have less taxes taken out of your paycheck, at the end of the year, send in your payment instead of having the Treasury send you a refund. Under the law, they have no authority to sue you, seize your property, or put you in debtors prison. That’s not legal advise.

• Mrs AL says:

I confess I had a bit of trouble reading your comments since I was chuckling at your opening statement. I have recovered and I appreciate the link to the calculator. And you bring up a good point. First smokers and then … they can try even harder to control the population with this law. Spooky, isn’t it?

And thanx for the reminder that your second comment isn’t legal advise. Though I don’t doubt it is accurate.

• Bill Baldwin says:

To be honest, I haven’t read the act, but, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation, authority to use civil and criminal remedies for the collection of taxes doesn’t apply to this fine.

Non-compliance with the personal responsibility requirement to have health coverage is not subject to criminal or civil penalties under the code and interest does not accrue for failure to pay such assessments in a timely manner.

This is not to say that king obummer doesn’t use his magical pen to change the law without congressional approval, however.

An excellent piece, Miz A. After looking at that flowchart, I think I need to have my glasses checked.

There is one thing I want to point out about the link you posted for us to view the original chart. I’m glad you said to scroll down and look at the pages following the chart.. One thing I noticed is all the new bureaucracies this monstrosity creates – like we need more government!

The page that really caught my attention was the one listing all the grant programs attached to this albatross. There are 59 grants included in this! Holy cow! We’ll be belly-up in no time! Which could be a good thing, I guess – at least we can clean house then.

• Mrs AL says:

Thank you for your help, Kathy. I could have been even more stressed.

Great observation relative to the grants. Couldn’t you just cry, or spit, or something? It’s amazing that those elected to represent us and the 50 States did not bother to even read this thing. And to think it passed with only Democratic legislatures in favor of it should have tipped everyone off that there was something rotten in Denmark. And we are all going to suffer the consequences. Cleaning house sounds like the only way to get out those who saddled us with this thing.

6. Garnet92 says:

Excellent work Mrs. AL! Yes, the chart is supposed to be daunting, but it is trying to graphically represent 2,000 pages of legal gobbledygook and I’ve no doubt that the chart is simpler that trying to read that garbage. In my previous life as a system designer, flowcharts were a part of my life and I’ve been comfortable with them – this one just about blows my mind! The unfortunate thing is that so many will simply look at it and go into brain-shut-down mode and not bother to read later pages that identify all of the new departments and reporting and money flows, etc. This thing is truly a NIGHTMARE!

Everyone/anyone who voted for this crap deserves to be sent home by the electorate ASAP.

• Mrs AL says:

Thanx, Garnet, and thank you in return. If the complexity chart blows your mind as a systems designer, can you imagine what it does to the average Joette like me? As bad as the chart is, the results for all of us is much, much worse. And I hope that those who voted for this are, indeed, sent home by their respective Districts and States. I just hope enough of our fellow Citizens are paying attention.

Great comments and great post. The visual is awesome. It would require a team of proctologists to decipher this scheme.

• Mrs AL says:

I would reply on the substance of your comment, Hardnox, but I can’t think of anything to say that even resembles lady-likeness.

I agree the comments are great.

That chart sure represents the old saying :
    “You can’t get there from here “

9. Gunny G says:

WELL DONE! It was designed TO BE CONFUSING so that they rake in the dough and pay little or nothing out. And when granny dies what are you gonna do about it? Nothing. Move along now.

• Mrs AL says:

I got a lot of help from my ‘Nox and Friends.

And it’s not just Granny, Gunny (say, that’s kind of cute), it’s a whole lot of citizens who may literally die. I told my husband person the over evening is that a whole lot of people are going to die. Especially when research slows or stops. Many people are fighting in expectation there may be a procedure or med that can help them in the future. Thanx for swinging by. And I like your post on the matter — very pithy.