Quote Of The Day — September 14, 2013

The hippies are the living demonstration of what it means to give up reason, and to rely on one’s primeval instincts, urges, intuitions, and whims. With such tools, they are unable to grasp even what is needed to satisfy their wishes; for example, the wish to have a festival. Where would they be without the charity of the local “squares” who fed them? Where would they be without the fifty doctors rushed from New York to save their lives? Without the automobiles that brought them to the festival? Without the soda pop and beer they substituted for water? Without the helicopters that brought the entertainers? Without all the achievements of the technological civilization they denounce? Left to their own devices, they literally didn’t know enough to come in out of the rain.

Ayn Rand — Apollo and Dionysus (1969)

~ ~ Grouchy ~ ~

Tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Quote Of The Day — September 14, 2013

1. Mrs AL says:

And they are running the national government.

2. Buck says:

Damn! Ayn Rand could’ve been speaking of the “Occupy Wall Street” just as easily as Woodstock…..

Now the nitwits are all grown up and are running things. Who would have ever guessed that this country would have elected morons to high office?

I could go on a rant but I’ll stop now.

Another PERFECT opportunity for a meteor strike, lost way back when. The asshats would never have known what hit them. “Oh,WOW,MAAANNN, Whut wuz that? thhhhfffftttt (sound of a “toke”)

I see we’re all thinking along the same line here – now these idiots are in charge and they still have the same attitude they had back then.

6. Clyde, I thought of you when I posted this.

And When I found this, I thought at first she WAS talking ” O W S “, then I realized the 4 DECADE split. So, OWS is the ideological offspring of the Hippie movement she referenced in 1969.

“The Sins of the Fathers shall be passed on to the fourth generation~!”,,,

What a psychotic decade was the 1960’s. From the Challenge of reaching the Moon, to Woodstock. Kind of like the world today.

And as noted, the Hippie Generation is the leadership (?) of today. A la Kerry, Clinton Him and Her, Brennan,,, Dempsey,,, The list goes on and on.

WHERE, is John Galt?

“…they are unable to grasp even what is needed to satisfy their wishes…”

And yet they always are able to figure out how to steal from others.

They all ate the orange acid, man.

9. pepperhawk says:

I always did think the “hippie movement” was ridiculous and look how it’s brought down morality in this country.
    Great quote find, Grouchy.