From The “Union Success Stories” File.

In a recent vote for union representation, teachers in Wisconsin’s third-largest school district voted 2/3rds AGAINST their union. SAYANARA, Kenosha Education Association!!

Good for them.  From The American Thinker.com by Thomas  Lifson

September 13, 2013

Teachers Union Decertified in Wisconsin

ONE down, and a shithouse full to go.

Teachers  in Kenosha, Wisconsin – the third largest school district in the state — have  voted overwhelmingly to free themselves from the clutches of the teachers union,  the Kenosha Education Association, which  will now disband. Thanks to the reform bill, Act 10, pushed by Governor Scott  Walker, public employee unions are limited to bargaining over base pay, and must  be re-certified every year.

Erin  Richards of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel writes:

Teachers  in Kenosha, as well as in Milwaukee and Janesville, all came under the authority  of Act 10 starting July 1 when their teacher contracts expired. Under the  law, the unions are required to file for annual re-certification by Aug.  30 if they wished to remain a recognized bargaining unit.  (snip)

Christina  Brey, speaking for the Wisconsin Education Association Council, downplayed  recertification, calling it just another hoop for local unions to jump  through.

Much  more interesting details are provided by the MacIver  Institute:

The  Kenosha Education Association (KEA), the state’s third largest teachers union,  was officially decertified on August 31, 2013 according to the Wisconsin  Employment Relations Commission.

Mark  Belling, who  broke this story on Thursday , said that the decertification  came after a recent vote by members in which only 37 percent voted to  reauthorize the union.

KEA  is the largest teachers union to disband since Act 10 was signed into law in  2011. The union had 2,400 members according to their website. Act 10 limited  collective bargaining rights for public employees and required public unions to  have an annual vote to recertify.

Let  it sink in for moment: only a little more than a third of the Kenosha teachers  wanted the union. By disbanding the union, their income goes up as they no  longer are forced to pay dues, a large portion of which are then laundered into  campaign funds for Democrat candidates. I do not know the exact amount of dues  paid by Kenosha teachers, but I do know that teachers union dues typically are  more than a thousand dollars a year.

If  Act 10 reforms were adopted nationwide, the involuntary collection of   money from government workers, and the laundering of said funds into  Democrat campaign funds would be attenuated.

I  am pro-choice when it comes to union membership. End the involuntary servitude  to the union bosses.

~

Well, well, now. These teachers decided to decertify their union. You can just hear the wailing and moaning about how “poorly” these scab-taught students will be learning.

I’ll be REAL interested in seeing this school district’s scores against ALL- UNION school districts in Wisconsin.

Teachers with MORE money in THEIR pockets WILL be HAPPIER, and thusly, BETTER teachers in my humble opinion. Don’t wait for the libscream media to report ANY success on THIS issue, you can bet “The Union Label” on that.

~

Clyde

Tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to From The “Union Success Stories” File.

1. Buck says:

I’m still wondering why the teachers today, with all the educational ‘aids’ and whistles and bells cannot teach as well as the school marm or master in a one room schoolhouse of a century or less ago..

• Clyde says:

Or, the NUNS in a Catholic school. My knuckles still hurt every time I see a nun!!

• Hardnox says:

True… nuns are the major cause of arthritis today.

• Garnet92 says:

True dat! Union goons could learn something from Catholic school nuns about torture without leaving marks. That aside, I did LEARN more from my Catholic school days than later in our public schools. Fear is a great teacher. I had to have a knuckleoscopy to correct damage done by rulers across the knuckles.

• Hardnox says:

Fear is indeed a great teacher. One year, sixth grade I think, I had 5 yards sticks and 3 pointers broken over me for various perceived infractions. The yard sticks were bad but those damned pointers were made of maple and they hurt like hell. Years later the nun was committed to an asylum. No surprise from me as I was certain that she was nuts. Despite the cruelty it was an overall a good education and far better than public school.

• Garnet92 says:

I must admit ‘Nox that I laughed out loud when I read that one of your nuns was committed to an asylum! I do remember thinking that many of them were crazy!

That’s what I’d call sweet! I hope it carries through to other areas and eventually the union thugs have to go get real jobs.

I agree, Clyde – happy teachers will probably be better teachers.

• Clyde says:

Thanks, Kathy. If the rest of the public sector unions aren’t watching this, and rethinking their positions, we could see a LOT more of this.

Good news and good post. FINALLY, some folks are waking up.

4. bullright says:

Where can I send a congratulation note to? (maybe they’ll take their show on the road.)

This post just made my day, Clyde. I would so love to all the unions go the way of oblivion. They have no place in a free-market society but more than that It would be a just punishment for all leadership thugs who misused their power to promote the Left’s agenda even to the detriment of the union members.

6. clyde says:

Spot-on comment,CW. Thanks for that.