Some 9/11 Thoughts.

Today we observe the worst attack on United States soil since Pearl Harbor. This piece is solely my thoughts, and remembrances of the fateful day in history.

On the morning of September 11, 2001, I was at the Ford Engineering lot in Dearborn, loading 6 test trucks to take up to another Ford testing facility about an hour and a half northeast of Detroit.

While I was loading, the fellow I was hauling the units for came up, and said he had heard on the news the World Trade Center had been hit by a plane. He didn’t know much, as neither did the news stations at the moment.

So, I finished loading, got signed out of the facility, and turned on WJR on the truck radio. This was about the time the second plane hit. I said to myself, “this isn’t a goddamn accident. We are being attacked”. By the time I rolled into my drop location, the plane had hit the Pentagon. The shipping and receiving fellow I always dealt with came out, and took me in the building, into the break room, where EVERYONE was gathered around the TV in there. Some one said that they thought it was hijackers, some said Russians, I thought to myself, NO, it’s GOT to be militant Islamists. Turns out I was more right than even I knew at the time.

We watched the news coverage for a couple of hours, by then, the planes had all been grounded, they let those who had outside work to do go ahead back out to do it.

I unloaded and reloaded some test cars going back down, after that, I, and most of the rest of us, just didn’t have the gumption to keep working, so home I went, where I stayed glued to the tube for pretty much the rest of the day.

Some random thoughts here:

1. Our nation was sure caught with our pants down. Who would EVER think these animals would deliberately take aircraft full of people, and fly them into occupied buildings? Guess we must NEVER underestimate what savages who have no regard for life, indeed, those who seem to revel in death, will do for their “cause”.

2. While hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20,  there were warning signs. Too bad no one had the common sense to say “WAIT A F#$^*(G minute!  Someone wants to learn to FLY, but NOT to take off and LAND ?  Jesus Christ, Helen Keller could have seen THAT ONE coming.

3. The government, under Bush, tried to do the best they could, I believe, but, it seems like shortly after the shock wore off, the left went into full on hate mode. They tried everything to connect him to these cowardly attacks. Hell, they still do blame him.

4. It seems said government has learned NOTHING about militant Islam in the years since. Allowing muslims at the highest levels of government ? Our military? People who, because of their “religion”, think they have to FORCE us to it, or kill us?  What kind of morons do we have running this show? Are they REALLY this stupid, OR are THEY part of the deal? With the piece of shit who occupies the White House, I have ZERO doubt in my mind.

5.When,or should I say IF, we get ADULT leadership back in D.C., I believe a purge, from top to bottom, of ANY muslim HAS to be undertaken. I simply DO NOT care if their feelings are hurt, if CAIR gets pissed off, whatever. It wasn’t militant Jews who attacked on 9/11. It wasn’t militant Buddhists who shot up Fort Hood. It wasn’t “catholic jihad” who attacked our “consulate” at Benghazi last year, for which we STILL haven’t gotten the truth of. No, you name the atrocity, with the exception of Oklahoma City, ALL these attacks have been linked with militant Islam. If those of you reading this disagree, PROVE to me your “religion” is truly peaceful. I’ll be waiting.

To close out, I just want to offer my prayers to those who lost loved ones that day, and may you all find some peace and solace.

~

Clyde

Just some “reminders” of the day.

NEVER,EVER forget WHO did THIS to us.

Or THIS.

Then, maybe again, THIS. The WORST to come out of this attack is THIS….

Time to shitcan it. And the political hacks who continue the charade.

Tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Some 9/11 Thoughts.

I remember vividly the day. I spent hours feeling as if I was in a surreal state, not able to digest what I was seeing.

That these animals can be allowed into our country is a slap in the face.
    That they now sit in offices in our Nations Capitol is as surreal as the attack on our soil.
    So much is so very, very, wrong in our Beloved America.

• Clyde says:

“So much is so very, very, wrong in our Beloved America.” Indeed it is, Terry. Thanks for coming by, and putting your thoughts down for us.

Excellent essay Clyde.

I know exactly where I was on that day. For me, it could have happened yesterday. I will never forget it. I won’t forget the muslims dancing in the streets in our country either. I remain pissed.

3. Mrs AL says:

It’s hard to remember. There were so many different thoughts and feelings for me this day. I happened to be watching the news when the first plane hit. My initial thought was, what pilot couldn’t see this building in front of him? I was uneasy but didn’t know why until …

Great post, Clyde. It helped me.

4. My recollections of 9-11 (old Townhall blog)

It is one of those moments in time that everybody will remember what they were doing when they heard, like the Challenger explosion, Ronald Reagan getting shot, the final Vietnam cease fire going into effect, Neal Armstrong’s “One small step for Man”, and for those even older than me…when JFK was hit by multiple assassins in Dealey Plaza.

I was sitting at my desk in the Quality Assurance Division of Aircraft Intermediate Maintenance Department at Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Ft Worth, TX. I was inputting data into my tracker for some safety requirements, since my main job at the time was Safety Manager for the Department. Our Division Chief, Gunnery Sergeant Batastini suddenly called out, “There’s reports of a plane hitting the World Trade Center!” Somebody commented that there must be some heavy low clouds in NY. I said that during WW2, a B-25 Mitchell bomber had run into the Empire State Building, while someone else said that a few other small planes had hit the skyscrapers of NYC before. We didn’t think much of it.

I finished inputting my data and decided, for some reason, to check the weather at JFK. Let’s see how much that poor pilot had to deal with. As I was trying to bring up weather.com, Gunny said, “There’s video of the crash……wait, THAT’S A SECOND CRASH, THE OTHER TOWER’S ALREADY BURNING!” There was a simultaneous “OH, SH!T!” from the rest of us, as we scrambled to get behind his desk and see what was up. I don’t remember who said it, but there was a “Godd@## Muslim terrorists!” which we all immediately agreed was probably correct.

Someone grabbed the television that was in our publications library, got an extension cord, and put the TV out on the loading dock (the only place in the building with reception. As word filtered to the work centers, every one sent a couple of people to the dock to report in relays back to them as to what was happening. That’s where we found out about Flight 11 and the Pentagon and Flight 93 near Shanksville, PA. Nobody was getting any real work done, unless it was a high-priority item.

Eventually, I grabbed some paperwork that needed to go to the base safety office. After making that delivery, while I was driving back to AIMD, the first tower fell. I was listening to WBAP 820 AM and their live feeds from ABC News. I stopped my car and cried like a baby for a few minutes. I got back to the loading dock just before the 2nd tower fell. About an hour later, the Base Commander closed the base to all but those living there, security personnel, air traffic control, and the fighter squadrons.

That evening, all the houses in our neighborhood that had flags had them half-staffed, and just about every house had a candle (or 2, 3, 4, 5) in the window or on the porch. Tears flowed freely (as mine are now, just remembering), and we all hugged each other. White, black, brown…all with a burning hatred now for all things Muslim.

• Clyde says:

“all with a burning hatred now for all things Muslim.” And, a hatred that continues to grow while THEY remain as steadfastly savage as ever, my brother. Thanks for coming by, and putting your recollections of the day up for us.

I’d just walked through the door at work with a box of donuts in my hands, but nobody was at their desk. They were all in the break room watching the news on tv.

Like many, we didn’t get much done that day either because we were in a non-belief stupor. Who would do such a thing?

One of the things I’ll always remember is the silence of the skies that followed for days with no planes in the air.

All : While channel surfing during my lunch break today, I saw ZERO tape of the Twin Towers burning, or the Pentagon, or Shanksvile on ANY libstream media outlet. The ONLY channel I saw ANYTHING close to it was History Channel 2 on cable. Looks like the limpstreamers are STILL carrying muslim water buckets, eh?

7. bullright says:

Very well done, hats off. Now we did learn some lessons on 911. And we learned a lot about the leftists too. Nether of them will I forget. Yet still, no one from the Cole attack has ever been held accountable or brought to justice.