McCain Plays McPoker During War Meeting

From The Washington Post:

McCain playing poker on his iPhone:

As the Syria hearing continues, our ace photographer Melina Mara reports she spotted Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) “passing the time by playing poker on his iPhone during the hearing.”

And here’s the proof:

Senator John McCain plays poker on his IPhone during a U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations hearing where Secretary of State JohnKerry, Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel, and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey testify concerning the use of force in Syria, on Capitol Hill in Washington DC, Tuesday, September 3, 2013. (Photo by Melina Mara/The Washington Post)

Update 6:38 p.m.: After the photo made the rounds on Twitter, McCain tweeted the following in response:

John McCain                  @SenJohnMcCain

Scandal! Caught playing iPhone game at 3+ hour Senate hearing – worst of all I lost!

~~~~~~~~~

I have no doubt those hearings are long and boring, but we are talking about our country’s involvement in another war in another foreign country, so I don’t think it would be asking too much for him to pay attention!!

Later, when he realizes he’s busted, what does he do? He makes a joke about it !!

Like many others in Congress, the man is a disgrace to our country. Not only is he a loser at poker, he’s a loser at having a work ethic. What a waste.

~Kathy

17 Responses to McCain Plays McPoker During War Meeting

He probably thinks he’s playing Battleship.

2. randy63ism says:

Again, how much are we paying these guys? Well perhaps it is high time to introduce annual congressional evaluation reports (providing they get re-elected) to monitor their ideology, patriotism, productivity, attendance, and overall work ethic. Why not? We’re their bosses, we hired their sorry asses and we can damned sure fire them too, by golly!!

Oh, for crying out loud. We’re on the edge of triggering WWIII and this is how serious McAsshat takes it? Where’s the recall effort in Arizona?

• Kathy says:

Multiply his lack of seriousness by the rest of the goons in the meeting and it’s a huge slap in the face to the American people. These idiots are laughable, except it’s not funny anymore.

4. Mrs AL says:

Hmmm … makes me wonder what some of the rest of them are doing.

5. Buck says:

McCain’s figuring is, “Why pay attention? My mind is already made up. Don’t confuse me with facts.”

And to think, THIS dickhead could have been president. Schoolkids pay better attention than this “leader” does. C’mon, Arizona. Get on the goddamn stick here.

7. Buck says:

“And to think, THIS dickhead could have been president.”

Seems to me all we’ve had since Reagan has been dickheads.

8. garnet92 says:

Alright, I admit to voting for the worthless POS, but I still think that he is less worthless than Barack Obama. What a sorry state we are in when we’re forced to choose the LEAST WORTHLESS POS as our President?

I don’t have the answer, folks, but I do know that we need to find some way to elect a President that doesn’t qualify as a worthless POS on day one. If we, as a country, elect Hillary, Biden, or Kerry or their ilk, we will be part of the generation that saw the beginning of the end for our once great nation.

• Kathy says:

Garnet, you’re a good man for owning up to your actions, so I’ll ‘fess us too. Yes, I voted for the RINO, but like you, only because he was the lesser of two evils. I hope to live long enough to vote for a real candidate – someone I truly think highly of and can believe he means what he says.

Were that to happen, I could be a very old woman.

9. myfoxmystere says:

I have this bad feeling that 0 and his goons were ripping their usual loud stink bombs; I can’t blame Johnny Mac for playing poker, especially when 0’s trying to use Syria to hide behind a sad excuse of a scandal. 0 was probably deflating his flatulent ego balloon in front of the Senate & Congress with the usual swamp gas he rips daily. Sure, Johnny Mac got a caining by playing electronic poker, but unlike 0, I’m sure he would not be golfing nearly as much as 0…Sarah Palin would have kept him in line and focused.

• Kathy says:

You are probably correct, but it ticks me off to no end to see his blatant disregard of the situation. Like Buck said, he’d already made up his mind anyway, so why bother to listen.